[Back to Career Site](https://brighthealthcare.com/careers-
Our mission is to make healthcare right. Together. We are a value-driven
healthcare company committed to providing personalized care to aging and
underserved populations. We do this by aligning stakeholders across the
healthcare ecosystem. Together, we can improve consumer experience, optimize
clinical outcomes, and reduce total cost of care.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We
keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live
healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
Sign-on bonus $5,000
Centrum Health, a part of NeueHealth, is seeking an Advanced Nurse
Practitioner in our clinic on East Freeway in Houston.
To provide direct patient care, discussing patient symptoms and concerns and
performing thorough examinations to diagnose their medical problem and
prescribe medication or create a treatment plan if necessary. When required,
you will collaborate with our physicians to treat more advanced illnesses or
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient records.
- Checks in with clients about test results and prognoses.
- Advises patients regarding prescriptions and treatment plans.
- Follows all federal, state, and nursing guidelines, regulations, and standards.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests, including x-rays, blood work, and scans.
- Refers patients to specialists if necessary and analyzes medical records and reports.
- Updates patient charts and uploads to Electronic Health Record (EHR) software.
- Works with a team of nurse practitioners, registered nurses, and doctors to provide quality patient care.
- Examines patients, including discussing medical history and symptoms and performing physicals.
- Knows how to use popular tools, including medical database software, medical research software, medical diagnosis software, medical billing software, e-prescribing software, scheduling software, billing software, and telemedicine software.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Handles the job's physical demands, including walking and standing for long periods, and lifting or carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Communicates effectively, speaking multiple languages is preferred.
- Collaborates with nurse practitioners, registered nurses, doctors, and other medical professionals.
- Problem-solving well independently and as part of a team.
- Develops strong relationships with patients and their families and has a stellar bedside manner.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Nurse Practitioner and Registered Nurse licenses in the state of Texas.
- Board certification as a Nurse Practitioner in the specialty is preferred.
- National board certification as a Nurse Practitioner from an accredited agency.
- Master’s in Nursing required, Doctorate of Nursing preferred.
- Two or more years of clinical experience as a nursing practitioner at a physician practice or in a hospital with a related specialty is strongly preferred.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee
group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the
communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by law.