**We are NYC based, but remote friendly unless specified. **
Hello, World! Codecademy is on a mission to build inspiring careers in
technology through engaging, accessible, and interactive online coding
Our learners have gone on to
start new jobs, launch new companies, and lead new lives thanks to their work
with Codecademy, and our platform has transformed the way businesses develop
and retain their teams.
Since 2011, our team has grown to over 200 employees serving 50+ million
learners from 190+ countries. We’ve raised over $82M in venture capital
funding from top investors including Prosus, Owl Ventures, Union Square
Ventures, Y Combinator, and more--which gives us the capital to get stuff done
in an impactful way.
Join us to help build a business that empowers tens of millions of people to
lead better lives!
The Curriculum Developer is responsible for designing educational content,
creating educational products, and ensuring that learner outcomes can be
Opportunity Highlights :
- Design new content, including lessons, quizzes, projects, courses, and outcome-oriented learning paths.
- Review, provide feedback to, and mentor a network of 3rd party authors who contribute content to Codecademy.
- Research educational techniques and philosophies, and apply them to curricula.
- Research the learner experience, identify weaknesses in curriculum and make improvements to existing content.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, product managers, and marketers to design, create, market, and improve Codecademy's curricula.
- Collaborate with the Customer Support and Product teams to gain insight into the learner experience and make data-based improvements to curricula.
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to create and improve the content authoring process and tools, and make improvements to our learning environment.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or practical experience required.
- Professional or volunteer experience teaching, instructing, or creating educational content.
- Data analysis experience in one or more programming languages, including, but not limited to, Python or R.
- Familiarity with SQL.
- Familiarity with practical applications of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning tools and concepts.
- Experience with data visualization.
- Experience with developer tools such as Git, GitHub, and the command line.
- Interest and ability to learn programming languages, libraries, and frameworks quickly.
- Experience writing or editing English language content professionally.
Bonus Qualifications :
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Data Science, Statistics, Education, or a related field.
- Experience creating dashboards in a BI tool such as Tableau, Looker, or PowerBI.
- Experience with building and deploying Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning models, including experience with advanced tooling, algorithms, and frameworks.
- Project, product, or people management experience involving small to large teams.
- Experience working with 3rd party authors and vendors to deliver high-quality content.
- Experience writing or editing educational content that reaches a wide audience in a digital format (such as blogs or e-books) or in print.
Target base salary range for this job requisition is anticipated to be
$96,000 to $135,000 annualized.
We also offer participation in the Company Bonus Program and full benefits.
The company may modify salaries, salary ranges and/or Pay Plans from time to
time as it deems necessary.
Codecademy has helped over 45 million people learn to code. Join one of the
most exciting technology companies in New York as we change the way people
learn and advance their careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to
upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic
of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our
team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in
all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status,
sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and
works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and
beliefs are empowered to better their futures.