Employment Type: Full Time
About the Company:
It’s never been more challenging for shippers to simply know where their ocean freight is, when it will arrive, and why it was delayed. At VIZION API we automatically push the most complete, standardized, and detailed container tracking events to any software system or spreadsheet, so shippers get end-to- end visibility into the freight that drives their business. Our mission is to enhance and optimize world trade by making data more accessible and building tools that empower digital transformation. Vizion’s goal is to be the world's leader in delivering the highest quality data in the easiest-to-use formats to the international freight industry.
**Our Company Values and Culture: **
Simple Honesty, Be a Teacher, and Long-Term Thinking are the values that guide our decision making and are our uncompromising core principles. Vizion is dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse team focused on fostering a culture of Communication, Innovation, and High-Performance.
How You Fit In & the Details:
As the Sales Development Representative you will be an integral part of the Sales Development team. We will look to you to identify and generate sales opportunities through both inbound and outbound calling activities. The ideal person for this role should work well under pressure, think out-of-the-box, easily initiate relaxed but informative two-way phone conversations with prospects, and be highly self-motivated. You should also understand how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically. To be successful in this role you will need to be an ambitious self-starter who has relationship selling skills, with the ability to manage sales calls at varying levels of customer accounts.
This role will report to our Head of Marketing and will partner with Account Executives, Marketing and Customer Experience Teams. In addition to the above, you will:
● Follow-up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects
● Contribute to playbooks to deploy across the SDR team, measure results and analyze performance to continue to optimize Vizion’s prospecting penetration
● Build top of funnel pipeline generation and provide analysis each month towards goal
● Conduct outbound prospecting campaigns across our various segment personas
● Be responsible for educating and developing prospects leading to hand-off to sales teams
● Create target prospects lists and penetrate key accounts through ABM methodology
● Schedule appointments and demos for Account Executives
● Hold informed and engaging conversations via multiple communication channels
● Act as the subject matter expert on Vizion product offerings/solution
● Cold call into prospects generated by variety of outside sources
● Identify key players, researching and obtaining business requirements, and presenting solutions to begin sales cycle
● Profile strategic accounts identifying key individuals, researching, and obtaining business requirements and presenting solutions to start the sales cycle
● Nurture new marketing leads by educating and developing prospects until they are ready to speak with a sales rep
● Collaborate with sales and marketing team members on strategic sales approach
● Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application
● Seek out new ideas and methods for prospecting and lead generation
● 2-3 years of Business Development or Sales Development work experience in SaaS or Technology- Supply chain logistics, strongly preferred
● BA/BS degree preferred
● Exceptional written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
● Fearlessness - willing to directly reach out to new people every single day and explain the Vizion value proposition as it relates to everyone you interact with
● An obsession with prospect happiness - set the stage for effective sales follow-up
● The courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
● Flexibility - things change around here - FAST
● The intellectual horsepower to become a guide on Vizion in a matter of weeks, and the curiosity to keep learning about all its intricacies for years to come
● A deep understanding of email communication and social engagement. You keep the inbox at zero.
● Familiarity with HubSpot, Apollo and Sales Navigator, preferred
**Perks & Benefits: **
● We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of: $55,000 to $65,000. Vizion intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience and location.
● We prioritize diversity in our hiring and are LGBTQ+ friendly
● Fully remote: Work from your home office or beach somewhere (as long as the beach has Wi-Fi, of course)!
● Excellent No-Cost Medical, Dental and Vision plans: 100% coverage for you and dependents
● Unlimited PTO Policy: We believe in recharging our batteries and we mean it when we say we expect you to take time off!
● 401(k) with company contribution
● Company-Provided Laptop (Mac or PC) and an office-outfitting budget
This is an evergreen position, and we continuously welcome applications from candidates who are passionate about Vizion and are eager to contribute to our mission. We accept applications on an ongoing basis and will review them as they are received.
**Did you know: **
[Some studies](https://hbr.org/2014/08/why-women-dont-apply-for-jobs-unless- theyre-100-qualified) indicate that the average female-identifying person will apply to a job only if they feel that they qualify for 100% of the requirements? Persons of color experience this at an even higher rate. Whereas male-identifying people will apply if they feel that they qualify for 60% or more of the requirements. Now you (may) know something new, and we want to encourage anyone who feels that they might be qualified for the role to apply. You may be surprised! We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to: hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services. We at Vizion are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, contractors, vendors, and clients.