Employment Type: Full Time
Team: Product & Engineering
About the Company:
It’s never been more challenging for shippers to simply know where their ocean freight is, when it will arrive, and why it was delayed. At VIZION API, we automatically push the most complete, standardized, and detailed container tracking events to any software system or spreadsheet, so shippers get end-to- end visibility into the freight that drives their business. Our mission is to enhance and optimize world trade by making data more accessible and building tools that empower digital transformation. Vizion’s goal is to be the world's leader in delivering the highest quality data in the easiest-to-use formats to the international freight industry.
Our Company Values and Culture:
Simple Honesty, Be a Teacher and Long-Term Thinking are the values that guide our decision making and are our uncompromising core principles. Vizion is dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse team focused on fostering a culture of Communication, Innovation and High-Performance.
How You Fit In & the Details:
As a Senior Software Engineer, Backend & API’s you will be an integral part of the Engineering team. As an early employee, you'll be a key member in building our core product and have a strong voice in decision-making processes. You'll be focused on our core backend (primarily TypeScript/Node, Postgres on AWS) building and maintaining our core functionality — helping to accelerate the digital transformation of supply chain & logistics companies around the world.
This role will report to our CTO and will partner with cross functional teammates in Data Analytics, Product, Sales, Marketing and Customer Experience. In addition to the above, you will:
● Design, build, and maintain backend APIs, services, and systems with security, reliability, and scalability in mind.
● Participate in the project management cycle from start to finish — anything from scoping work to measuring project success and planning new iterations based on results.
● Conduct code reviews, communicate thoughtfully and effectively with colleagues
● Partner closely with other engineers on user facing features, API user experience
● Balance development speed and quality, with a focus on real, deliverable results.
● 5+ years of experience writing software with a strong engineering background
● Experience designing & maintaining backend services & systems, user- facing APIs at scale
● Proficient with SQL, experience with data processing & analysis
● Organized and self-sufficient, prior startup experience preferred
● DevOps experience (AWS, Docker, serverless architecture, etc.)
● Experience or strong interest in data science & machine learning
● Strong experience with web automation (Puppeteer, Selenium, etc)
**Perks & Benefits: **
● We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of: $140,000 to $200,000. Vizion intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience and location.
● We prioritize diversity in our hiring and are LGBTQ+ friendly
● Fully remote: Work from your home office or beach somewhere (as long as the beach has Wi-Fi, of course)!
● Excellent No-Cost Medical, Dental and Vision plans: 100% coverage for you and dependents
● Unlimited PTO Policy: We believe in recharging our batteries and we mean it when we say we expect you to take time off!
● 401(k) with company contribution
● Company-Provided Laptop (Mac or PC) and an office-outfitting budget
This is an evergreen position, and we continuously welcome applications from candidates who are passionate about Vizion and are eager to contribute to our mission. We accept applications on an ongoing basis and will review them as they are received.
Did you know:
[Some studies](https://hbr.org/2014/08/why-women-dont-apply-for-jobs-unless- theyre-100-qualified) indicate that the average female-identifying person will apply to a job only if they feel that they qualify for 100% of the requirements? Persons of color experience this at an even higher rate. Whereas male-identifying people will apply if they feel that they qualify for 60% or more of the requirements.
Now you (may) know something new, and we want to encourage anyone who feels that they might be qualified for the role to apply. You may be surprised!
We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to: hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services. We at Vizion are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, contractors, vendors, and clients.