Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Employment Type: Full-time
As a VP, Strategic Accounts, you will be responsible for the strategic engagement focused on our top 20 pharmaceutical clients. You’ll be reporting directly to our Chief Commercial Officer and will have responsibility for developing and executing a strategic plan to sell HealthVerity’s capabilities within R&D, RWE and commercial audiences. You will oversee the entire sales process from prospecting, generating qualified opportunities, winning new business to managing relationships with key customers. You will successfully expand our presence in assigned accounts by continuously creating value to meet our clients’ needs. With your healthcare data and analytics background, you will deliver the most innovative data and technology solutions to answer key executive stakeholders’ most pressing business and research questions.
What you will do
• Develop a strategy and account plan to position HealthVerity as a preferred technology and data provider in R&D, RWE and commercial audiences within assigned accounts
• Develop and close large multi-million strategic deals within assigned accounts
• Drive all stages of opportunity development from coordinating product proposals, RFIs, RFPs to contract negotiations and execution
• Creatively connect customer’s business needs to HealthVerity’s solutions and create solutions that solve the clients business needs
• Engage and build relationships with senior stakeholders in R&D, RWE and commercial
• Effectively and credibly present healthcare data and licensing solutions by delivering product presentations, demonstrations, conference calls, technical discussions/due diligence, executive discussions, web seminars and related activities
• Work closely and cross-functionally with Pre-Sales, Product Development, Marketing, Strategy & Innovation teams to develop solutions that solve for client business needs
• Build, maintain and manage a sales pipeline and forecast to achieve individual revenue goals
Required Skills and Experience
• 5+ years of extensive experience selling healthcare data research assets (medical claims, prescription claims, EMR, etc.), related analytic applications (e.g. commercial analytics, real-world evidence/HEOR, clinical operations and trials) and SaaS based technology solutions
• Consultative seller successful at uncovering and developing sales opportunities within commercial, RWE and R&D of with top 20 pharmaceutical manufacturers
• Ability to operate effectively in a complex white-space, concept-oriented environment
• Ability to engage with senior audiences and sell large strategic engagements
• Ability to excel in client relationships from lead through implementation
Desired Skills and Experience
• Familiar with the R&D, RWE, and commercial pharmaceutical SaaS environment and a working understanding of how and why different types of healthcare data are created to support pharmaceutical clients through the product lifecycle from clinical trials through commercialization
• Ability to translate software, technology, and data into a resonating value proposition from c-suite to end users at all levels across the enterprise
• Willingness to travel as needed
While HealthVerity does support remote work with quarterly travel to our Philadelphia headquarters, our strong preference is to hire team members in the areas below as well as approved states in the Eastern Time Zone. Expansion beyond these markets will occur only when necessary.
• Boston, Massachusetts
• New York City, New York
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
• Baltimore, Maryland
• Washington D.C
• Charlotte, North Carolina
• Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
• Atlanta, Georgia
Approved States in the Eastern Time Zone include: CT, DE, FL, GA, IN, MA, MD, MI NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, TN, and VA.
HealthVerity synchronizes transformational technologies with the nation’s largest healthcare and consumer data ecosystem to power previously unattainable outcomes and fundamentally advance the science. We offer a comprehensive, yet flexible approach, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange (IPGE), that synchronizes unparalleled Identity management with built-in Privacy compliance and Governance, providing the ability to discover and Exchange a near limitless combination of data at a record pace. Together with our partners in life sciences, government and insurance, we are Synchronizing the Science. To learn more about HealthVerity, visit healthverity.com.
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non- commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia. We offer both hybrid roles and those with quarterly travel.
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal- and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. All qualified job applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Remote opportunities are not available in all areas and require team members to work from a fixed location due to tax and labor law implications - specific questions about remote positions can be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.