[Back to Career Site](https://brighthealthcare.com/careers-
Our mission is to make healthcare right. Together. We are a value-driven
healthcare company committed to providing personalized care to aging and
underserved populations. We do this by aligning stakeholders across the
healthcare ecosystem. Together, we can improve consumer experience, optimize
clinical outcomes, and reduce total cost of care.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We
keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live
healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
Sign-on bonus: $1,000
Centrum Health, a part of NeueHealth, is seeking a Medical Assistant. As a
Medical Assistant / LPN, you will be responsible for providing administrative
support to ensure the efficient operation of the clinic. Our Medical
Assistants support providers and patients through a variety of tasks related
to patient care management, organization, and communication accurately, with
high quality, and promptly.
**ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES **
This job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within
the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Interview patients and document basic medical history
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Update and file medical records and insurance reports
- Arrange hospital admissions and laboratory services
- Maintain documentation and updates of patients’ charts into electronic EMR
- Assist during medical examinations
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms
- Handle receivable and payable accounts and keep financial records
- Prepare and clean treatment rooms and medical instruments
- Triage patients promptly
- Explain treatment procedures to patients
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens
- Perform basic laboratory tests
- Instruct patients about medication and special diet instructions as guided by the provider
- Prepare and administer medications, including intramuscular, intradermal, and subcutaneous injections—including vaccinations/immunizations, as directed by the provider.
- Transmitting prescription refills as directed
- Perform other tasks that may include Phlebotomy, taking electrocardiograms, or wound care and changing dressings
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Medical Assistant Certification, LPN, or Associates Degree in a related field such as Healthcare Management
- 1+ years of experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinic or provider’s office environment
- Superior organizational skills to ensure that exceptional patient care is provided.
- Knowledge of procuring supplies or equipment needed at the clinic.
- Competencies with computer-based healthcare administration systems, like Kareo and MediXcel EMR.
- Bilingual English/Spanish fluency is preferred
- Background check and drug screen required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for liaising with patients, healthcare providers, and specialists, as well as the public.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Respect for patient confidentiality
- Compassionate and approachable
- Responsible and trustworthy
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Medical Assistant Certification or LPN
- The majority of work responsibilities are performed in a medical clinic setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer.
- We offer comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision coverage, an HSA, an Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and 7 annual company holidays.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee
group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the
communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by law.