**About Daily Harvest **
At Daily Harvest we take care of food, so food can take care of you. We're
committed to helping you nourish your body while taking care of the planet.
How? By making it easy to eat more real, unrefined and sustainably sourced
fruits and vegetables every day. Our team is collaborative, driven, and
future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and
celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and
we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never
say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
We are looking for a passionate Director, Marketing to join our team, which is
charged with bringing our mission—to take care of food, so food can take care
of you – to life. We build equity and consistency for the brand, and create
awareness, community, and advocacy – all while elevating our corporate
reputation and enriching the Daily Harvest experience across every single
This Director will also collaborate closely with leaders across the data,
insights, analytics, product, technology organizations, and finance on a
number of projects to drive member cultivation, engagement, and loyalty. The
ideal candidate will have a strategic, creative, and analytical mindset,
exceptional leadership skills, and a deep understanding of brand management
and marketing principles that put our customers first. Additionally, they will
have a results-driven approach, always looking to be ahead of our consumers'
needs and actively monitoring the food, cultural, and media landscape.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee Daily Harvest’s Marketing team with direct responsibility for Brand and Social Media
- Develop and implement comprehensive brand and go-to-market strategies to enhance the company's visibility, reputation, and market position through integrated campaigns and media
- Manage budgeting process for Brand functions, including forecasting and ROI assessments as well as oversee performance tracking and calibration to drive decision-making around budget allocations and forecasts
- Ensure our brand message is consistent across all channels and marketing efforts (campaigns, culinary launches, activations, digital media, and promotional materials).
- Lead marketing + brand campaigns and initiatives: Plan, execute, and measure marketing campaigns and initiatives to drive brand awareness, customer acquisition, and loyalty.
- Spearhead strategic product/innovation marketing campaigns that are timely and on-brand to ensure successful product launches.
- Lead the management and relationship building with external agencies and vendors—generating trust, collaboration, and game-changing execution.
- Manage brand guidelines: Develop and maintain brand guidelines to ensure consistent application of the brand across all touchpoints, including advertising, packaging, digital assets, social media, events, and communications. Provide guidance and support to internal and external stakeholders to maintain brand integrity.
- Support scaling existing channels and identify the development of new opportunities for growth.
- Leverage market research and analysis: Stay abreast of industry trends, market dynamics, and consumer insights to inform brand strategies and identify growth opportunities. Conduct competitor analysis and benchmarking to maintain a competitive edge and adjust brand positioning as needed.
- Actively engage, cultivate, and manage media relationships, in conjunction with any agencies, to ensure Daily Harvest is top of mind with key opinion leaders and tastemakers in the lifestyle, wellness, and business space.
- Partner cross-functionally to identify and hone our brand positioning and messaging.
- Team leadership and development: Manage and mentor a team of brand and innovation marketers, fostering a collaborative work environment. Set clear goals, provide constructive feedback, and facilitate professional development opportunities to maximize team performance and engagement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams: Collaborate with cross-functional partners to ensure cohesive and impactful brand storytelling, brand consistency, and integration of messaging in all customer touchpoints.
- Measure and report brand performance: Define KPIs to evaluate the success of brand + innovation/product initiatives and campaigns. Analyze data and provide regular reports on brand performance, identifying areas for improvement and recommending strategic adjustments when necessary.
Who you are:
- 10+ years of proven experience in brand and product/innovation marketing, with a track record of developing and executing successful brand and product/innovation strategies.
- Experience in the food and/or retail industry as well as prior DTC + omnichannel experience
- Located in or around the NYC area, with the ability to be in the office 3 days a week
- Passionate about food and obsessed with staying abreast of brand media and cultural events in and outside of our industry.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a diverse team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively articulate brand messaging and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Analytical mindset and proficiency in using data-driven insights to inform decision-making and optimize brand performance.
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and collaborate and build strong relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Strong project management skills, and a solutions-oriented self-starter with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Creative thinking and a passion for innovation, with a focus on continuous improvement and staying ahead of industry trends. Someone who challenges the status quo.
The anticipated annual base salary range for this role is $161,250 - $186,250.
Actual compensation will be commensurate with experience, qualifications,
knowledge, and skills.
- Flexible PTO Plan + working hours
- Equity participation + 401K
- Competitive medical, dental, + vision insurance
- Fun IRL + virtual quarterly team events, happy hours, + DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Citi Bike discounts, + Health & Wellness Perks
- Annual company retreat
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry (...always stocked)
- In office access to everything we create (including recipes in development)
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take
care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the
unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative
and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any
unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or
veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These
are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment