Employment Type: Full time
Team: Editorial Team
H1 Connect is an expanded community that connects healthcare providers (HCPs) and researchers with global expert opinions and analysis, advancing the bench-to-bedside knowledge flow by providing a space for HCPs to collaborate with their peers and stay abreast of current expert scientific thinking.
With more than a million research articles being published annually across the life science and medical research disciplines, it is now impossible to stay on top of the literature. H1 Connect helps individuals navigate the literature by covering ‘bench to bedside’, and publishing the unique and personal insight of over 8,000+ experts across 40 disciplines and 300 specialties. The H1 Connect team will continuously scan the literature to identify the best research in their respective fields to provide its users with a quick and easy way of finding the articles they need to read but may otherwise miss, allowing them more time to focus on their patients and own daily tasks.
H1 Connect is seeking an enthusiastic and highly organized Editorial Assistant to join our dynamic Editorial Team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the most eminent figures in Life Science and Medicine and learn a broad range of activities across academic publishing. The role is based in Central London, currently on a hybrid working pattern of office-based and home-based days. Prior editorial experience would be beneficial but is not essential as full training will be provided.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AT H1 CONNECT
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with world-renowned experts in Life Science and Medicine in the Faculty to ensure a high standard of author care throughout the editorial process
- Keeping publishing schedules on track by negotiating submission deadlines by liaising regularly with team members
- Responding promptly and appropriately to external and internal inquiries
- Assisting in further expansion and overall coverage of relevant fields by building and running the authorship of H1 Connect
As the ideal candidate, you are someone who:
- Is proactive, resourceful and a good team player, and is comfortable taking the initiative.
- Is flexible and able to work independently
- Is able to carry out a variety of administration tasks
- Has an interest in academic publishing, and enthusiasm to learn about the editorial process and develop market awareness
- Is highly organized, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize wide- ranging and fast-moving lists of tasks
- Is a good time manager who can work to strict deadlines and prioritize changeable workloads on a daily basis
- Able to work in a hybrid working pattern of office-based and home-based days
- Graduate in a life science, medicine or healthcare discipline
- Place a high value on quality of content, author care, company reputation and sustained customer relationship
- Possess excellent communication (oral and written), and handle information sensitively and professionally
- Have a meticulous eye for detail and strong command of English spelling and grammar
- Demonstrate strong diplomacy, negotiation and interpersonal skills and be able to confidently interact with individuals at all levels
- Be solution-focused, calm and able to logically solve problems under pressure, reviewing procedures and suggesting improvements when appropriate
_Not meeting all the requirements but still feel like you’d be a great fit? Tell us how you can contribute to our team in a cover letter! _
H1 CONNECT OFFERS
- A competitive compensation package including stock options
- Generous paid time off & pension contributions, in addition to annual wellness & charitable donation stipends
- Investment in your success by providing you with the skills, knowledge, and mentorship to make you successful
- An opportunity to work with leading biotech and life sciences companies, in an innovative industry with a mission to improve healthcare around the globe
_H1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex (including pregnancy), age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. _
_H1 is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please reach out to your recruiter once you've begun the interview process. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law. _