16 Tech Community Corporation, Inc. is the 501c3 leading the physical and
programmatic development of the
16 Tech Innovation District. 16 Tech is an emerging destination for innovation and entrepreneurship, a 50-acre
live-work-innovate community located in downtown Indianapolis that is dedicated to world-changing
innovation and economic opportunity.
16 Tech seeks to create an inclusive innovation community through the following areas:
• Ecosystem Development: Attract anchors, tenants and partners that connect
and strengthen the
• District Experience: Create a welcoming, inclusive and vibrant culture in 16 Tech
• Innovation Services: Ensure a continuum of resources in 16 Tech to advance innovation-driven
• Neighborhood & Talent Connections: Lower barriers for diverse persons to participate in and
contribute to the innovation economy
16 Tech Community Corporation is a proud equal opportunity employer committed
to an inclusive work
environment and to building a team that reflects the rich diversity of our community. People of color,
people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and identities are
encouraged to apply.
The Setup Supervisor is a part-time position with a flexible schedule that will be determined by event timing
and need. This position will have primary responsibility for setting up and executing on-site client events at 16
Tech. This position will report to the 16 Tech Event Director and work closely with other 16 Tech staff to
ensure the successful set up and execution of events. The ideal candidate will possess event management
experience and demonstrate attention to detail and initiative, as well as excellent customer service and
• Coordinate and supervise the setup process and execution for events held at
16 Tech, including:
o Lead and direct a team of setup staff, providing clear instructions and delegating tasks as
o Ensure all event spaces are set up in a timely manner, adhering to predetermined timelines.
o Inspect event spaces to ensure they meet quality standards and client expectations.
o Troubleshoot and resolve any setup related issues that may arise during events.
o Train new setup staff on proper procedures and techniques, ensuring compliance with safety
protocols and venue policies.
o Collaborate with maintenance staff to ensure event spaces are clean, presentable, and free from
o Provide exceptional customer service, addressing client inquiries and concerns in a professional
and courteous manner.
• Work with 16 Tech events team to understanding clients' needs and articulate
those needs to other
parties, as well as maintain event resources, including:
o Review event orders and client specifications to understand setup requirements.
o Assist with organizing event equipment, furniture, and decorations, ensuring they are properly
stored and readily available for each event.
o Track inventory of supplies and equipment, anticipating and requesting necessary replacements
in a timely manner.
• Collaborate with 16 Tech events team to ensure a smooth transition between event setups.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRED SKILLS
• High school diploma or equivalent; relevant certifications or training in event management or hospitality
is a plus.
• Proven experience in event setup, preferably in a supervisory or leadership role.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse
team and interact with clients.
• Attention to detail and a keen eye for aesthetics to ensure event spaces are visually appealing.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, based on event schedules.
• Physical stamina and the ability to lift and move heavy objects or equipment.
• Knowledge of safety regulations and procedures related to event setup.
• Familiarity with basic maintenance tasks is a plus.
• Proficiency in using computer software for inventory management and scheduling.
• Highly adaptable and able to move between various tasks with ease.
• Willingness to work in-person, early mornings, and late nights.
If you are passionate about event coordination, possess strong leadership
skills, thrive in a fast-paced
environment, and are looking for a flexible schedule, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
To apply please submit resume, cover letter, and two professional references to email@example.com.
16 Tech Community Corporation and related entities are Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
More information is available at www.16tech.com.