Employment Type: Contingent Contractor
Team: Nursing & CRC
Care Access is building a team of RN CRC to help us with clinical research
protocols. The individual shall travel to our facility/site as
required/scheduled. This is a high travel role with over 75% travel.
By uniting healthcare heroes to bridge standard care with clinical research,
Care Access is transforming the industry to accelerate the development of
breakthrough therapies and life-saving treatments. With team members deployed
across the country at multiple mobile and fixed research sites right now, we
hope to accelerate the clinical trials required for FDA approval of vaccines,
drugs, and diagnostics. As our RN CRC (Travel) you’ll support those efforts.
Training duties include:
- Intravenous administration of Investigational Product (study drug) including starting and monitoring IV.
- Assist physician in management of infusion reactions.
- Maintain a clean, efficient clinical area to assure the highest standards of patient care.
- Follow safety and PPE procedures as well as maintain proper documentation of infusion procedures.
- Provides ongoing assessment of the study subject/patient to identify Adverse Events
- Provides medical management of adverse events as appropriate
- Timely communications with internal teams, investigators, review boards, and study subjects
- Perform trial procedures as per delegation which can include the following but not limited to:
- Prescreen study candidates by telephone and review exclusionary conditions or medications prior to scheduling screening appointment
- Obtain informed consent per SOP
- Administer delegated study questionnaires
- Collect and evaluate medical records
- Complete visit procedures and ensure proper specimen collection, processing, and shipment in accordance with protocol
- Train others and complete basic clinical procedures, such as blood draws, vital signs, ECGs, etc.
- Review laboratory results, ECGs, and other test results (e.g. MRIs) for completeness and alert values ensuring investigator review in a timely fashion
- Schedule patients within visit windows, notify personnel as needed for procedures, and integrate visits with existing schedules to maximize efficient workflow and patient turnaround
- Dispense study medication per protocol and/or IVRS systems. Educate patient on proper administration and importance of compliance
- Monitor patient progress on study medication
- Other duties as assigned
- The position requires at least a High School Diploma
- At least two (2) years of experience as a Registered Nurse- Illinois RN License Required
- Preferred at least two (2) years of experience as a Clinical Research Coordinator
- Ability to check and document vitals as well as EKG (ECG)
- Phlebotomy experience is a must
- Good management and organizational skills, understanding of medical procedures
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Command of professional and Business English (written and spoken)
- You must have the authorization to work in the US for any employer
- You must not need visa sponsorship, either now or in the future
- You must live in the USA and be willing and able to travel with 24-36 hour notice
At Care Access, every day we are advancing medical breakthroughs. We’re
uniting standard patient care with cutting-edge treatments and research. The
work that we do brings life-changing therapies to those who are in need and
paves the way for newer and greater treatments to reach the world. We’re
proud to advance these breakthroughs and to work with the big players while
also engaging with the very best physicians and caring for patients. Through
innovation and a unique technology-enabled service model, our team of experts
is paving the way to take this vision forward.
We care. Our values are rooted in being genuine, finding new ideas, and
building something meaningful. Influenced by our values, we have built a
culture valuing communication and dialogue: we care about what everyone has to
say and we spend energy on being equal and inclusive. Along the way, we are
caring for each other, accelerating medicine, and seeding a long-term impact
for generations to come.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age,
national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Care Access is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
By applying to this post, you agree to receive text message updates about your
application and interview process