Location: Philippines (Remote)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Team: Team airCFO
⛰️ Our mission
Join us & help build a world-class company for our employees & clients
At airCFO, we believe that startups are building the future each and every day. airCFO helps these startups shape the future by building their finance, tax & accounting functions to scale with efficient processes and tools that give insight into their financial performance. Our vision is to become the nation’s most respected financial partner for startups -- serving organizations from Silicon Valley to NYC.
Our approach has always been simple: hire great people, then enable those people to do impactful work sustainably.
🌠 Where you come in
Our focus today
In order to support our rapid growth and keep consistent, high work quality, we are building airCFO International Team and hiring an Onboarding Specialist! If you have a passion for working with fast-growing tech startups and you want to enhance your knowledge and skills working with clients across a variety of industries, come and join our team of accounting and financial professionals.
🎏 What you'll own
The Onboarding Specialist plays an essential role in our onboarding team, which helps get clients onboarded and transitioned to their team seamlessly. As part of the onboarding team, you will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate financial deliveries during the onboarding process. Our onboarding team operates in a flexible capacity and has a “project-based” workflow.
During your tenure as an Onboarding Specialist, you will own:
• Assisting in onboarding new clients and getting accounting systems set up
• Assisting Senior Accountants with setting up new or existing accounting and back-office systems, and historical clean-up of transactions. and various other implementation projects in addition to month-end close procedures.
• Establishing or enhancing client cloud-based accounting systems to ensure clients’ day-to-day operations run smoothly for their airCFO service team.
• Recording transactions timely in databases to ensure the accuracy of the information
• Processing bills in AP systems in a timely manner and monitoring Accounts Payable and payment status
• Issuing invoices and updating invoicing schedule and AR accurately
• Resolving account payable and receivable issues or queries
• Completing end-of-month close procedures for clients during onboarding
• Performing bank and credit card reconciliations
• Posting and processing journal entries to ensure a proper recording of all business transactions
• Preparing reconciliation schedules, such as prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accrued liabilities/expenses, deferred revenue
• Ensuring schedules attached to clients’ monthly financial packages are delivered timely, accurately, and well-presented
• Communication with clients asynchronously, with occasional meetings via Google Meets/Zoom under the guidance of a Senior Accountant
• Assisting in client’s inbox management and client process documentation
• Assisting Senior Accountants and US Accounting Advisory Manager on document and data preparation during auditing and year-end tax filings. [W2s/1099s/3921s/etc.]
• Working on ad-hoc client requests, inquiries, or projects as instructed by Onboarding Team Leads, Onboarding Senior Accountants, and Accounting Advisory Managers.
• Ability to adapt and execute daily tasks based on priority level with a high level of detail and accuracy.
• Ensuring compliance with airCFO’s standardized guidelines, procedures and policies, and federal and state regulations and pursuing process efficiency opportunities
🔧 Tools you'll use
• Google Suite (especially Sheets)
• and more!
🏔️ Why join us?
📊 Support a portfolio of world-class founders
Our team members get the unique opportunity to work with a group of high- impact entrepreneurs on their quests to put a dent in the universe. We work with companies working on everything from ‘smart’ cancer treatments, to self- driving planes, to ethical artificial intelligence, and help them navigate the ups and downs of the startup journey.
🏅 Work with a team of supportive leaders & managers.
Our leaders know that managing successfully is the #1 part of their job. All of airCFO management, from Leadership down, is dedicated to making airCFO a place where employees are supported and developed into startup Finance & Accounting superstars.
🌍 Help build a best-in-class distributed work environment
airCFO was an early adopter of the 100% distributed organization, and we’re passionate about being recognized as one of the world’s best environments for empowering people to do their best work wherever they happen to be located.
📬 This role might be for you if...
... you've had the following experiences in your career:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Accounting or Finance preferred
• Familiarity with GAAP and accrual accounting, CPA/CMA certification preferred
• 2+ years of client-facing work experience required (US client); High-tech start-up client working experience is a bonus, like SaaS, E-commerce industries
• Solid working knowledge in QuickBooks/Xero, and various small business software, like Bill.com, Gusto, Expensify, and more
• Demonstrated project management execution, experience building and maintaining standard operation processes is a bonus.
• Strong communication and attention to details
• Strong Excel/Google Sheet skills
• Experience building and maintaining standard operations processes is a bonus
... the following statements describe you:
• You’re not interested in working in a cubicle and you have a strong passion for working with startups.
• You’re an independent, initiative problem solver, and critical thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for tech startups.
• You have meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to be proactive and in-tune with clients' needs. You’re willing to roll up your sleeves and wear different hats when needed, and you won’t rest until our clients are 100% satisfied.
• Proven ability to be a team player, engage with other team members, and willingness to step in when needed.
• You’re a sponge for learning new things. You'll be exposed to many business models, concepts, and leadership styles; learning that will serve you well no matter where your career takes you.
... you approach work in a way that emphasizes our values:
• Think outside the box : We consistently challenge our own biases & assumptions, looking for feedback from diverse groups of stakeholders
• Human-Centered : We celebrate the self-expression and uniqueness of team members, allowing everyone to bring their whole selves to work
• Founder’s Mentality: We provide peace of mind by making clients’ problems our problems
• Empathy over Ego : We seek to understand criticisms when they’re brought to us, to take ownership of our failures, and to always do what is right for our clients and each other.
• Helpfulness : Each day we ask ourselves, “How can I help make my coworkers’ / clients’ lives easier by taking an extra step?”
• Coach Mindset: We help our clients & teammates identify their own gaps by teaching them to ask the questions they don’t know to ask.
• Default to Public: We promote open conversations and avoid back-door communication.
• Push vs. Pull: We act proactively to keep clients & teammates informed about progress on
🌈 Research shows that while men apply to jobs if they meet ~60% of the criteria , women and those in traditionally underrepresented groups tend to apply only if they check all boxes.
So if you think you have what it takes but don't meet every single point above, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
⁉️ Frequently asked questions
What is the interview process?
• Complete our brief technical challenge that consists of a few prompts to measure technical skills
• First Round: 30 min Cultural / Behavioral Interview with the hiring manager
• Second Round: 30 min Accounting Interview with US Accounting Advisory Manager and Senior Accountant
• Get an offer 🎉
What are the working hours?
• Flexible working hours
What perks/benefits do you offer?
• As part of our team, you will closely work with airCFO US Team and make lasting connections; also you will have the opportunity to keep growing along your career path at airCFO
• Flexible PTO. We empower our team to be proactive about their personal and professional health by offering Flexible PTO
• A monthly wellness stipend added to each paycheck
• Laptop reimbursement after 90 days of employment
Do you sponsor Visas/require relocation?
• We do not offer sponsor visas. We’ll hire great people anywhere across the Philippines, no relocation is required.
🎉 Ready to apply?
☝️ * Note : Applicants will be subject to a background check and employment reference check at the expense of airCFO.
airCFO is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of airCFO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, and selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.