Curated is on a mission to help people find
exactly what they’re looking for
Whether it’s your first snowboard, a brand new baby stroller, or a much needed
upgrade to your coffee machine – shopping is hard when the stakes are high. We
make it easy by connecting customers with Real Experts who can answer their
Curated is the home of America’s biggest community of Real Experts
Real Experts aren’t sales assistants. They’re people living ordinary lives,
who also happen to be obsessively passionate about something. They have real,
on-the-ground, lived experience — they’re not proficient in tennis, they’re
fluent in it.
Making high-stakes purchases easier is only the beginning
Our Real Experts connect with customers in ways that would be unimaginable in
any other retail context. They work hard to understand your needs, trade
stories, help make plans, and keep in touch.
It’s why customers are obsessed with Curated – and why our Real Experts have a
4.96 average star rating over 85,000+ reviews.
**Position Summary **
We are seeking a highly motivated, organized, and creative Social Media
Coordinator Intern to join our team. This remote internship offers a
unique opportunity to develop and implement social media strategies, create
engaging content, and assist in growing our online presence. The ideal
candidate is a logistics-savvy social media enthusiast with a passion for
creating compelling content and a keen interest in e-commerce marketplace
trends, along with the industries in which Curated currently operates (winter
sports, golf, coffee, and kitchen, amongst several more). The vast majority of
this candidate’s time will be spent on Instagram, with the opportunity to grow
into work on TikTok.
- Social Media Management : Help manage and schedule posts, reels, and stories on Instagram to maintain a consistent online presence while showcasing the unique Curated tone and story.
- Calendar Development : Contribute to the design and development of a unique content calendar, ensuring timely and consistent posting.
- Campaign Design & Execution: Ideate and execute on organic social media campaigns to engage and grow our audience.
- Content Organization : Facilitate the collection of Expert-Generated-Content (EGC) and organize in a scalable manner while collaborating with designer(s) and video editor(s) to take raw inputs to the production-level.
- Content Creation Education : Assist in coaching an audience of Experts who are growing their respective followings on the creation of engaging and relevant social media content, including posts, images, videos, and stories.
- Audience Engagement : Monitor and respond to comments, messages, and mentions on social media channels to engage with our audience and build community.
- Analytics and Reporting : Assist in tracking and analyzing social media performance metrics to measure the success of campaigns and make data-driven recommendations for improvements.
- Collaboration : Work closely with several cross-functional teams(including category management, marketing, content, and Expert) to align social media efforts with overall company goals and initiatives.
- Research and Trends : Stay up-to-date with social media trends, industry news, and competitor activities to inform our content strategy.
- Currently pursuing or recently graduated with a bachelor's degree.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Proficiency in using social media platforms (primarily Instagram, and ideally TikTok).
- Experience with developing content and growing an Instagram or TikTok is not required, but a large plus.
- Creative thinking and the ability to generate fresh and engaging content ideas.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Basic understanding of social media analytics and reporting tools is a plus.
- Enthusiasm for staying up-to-date with the latest social media trends and emerging platforms.
- Graphic design or video editing skills are a bonus but not required.
- Experience and passion in Curated’s largest operating categories (winter sports, golf, coffee, or kitchen) is desirable, but not necessary.
**Commitment Expectations **
- This part-time, remote role is designed to be a 6-month internship with the possible opportunity to grow into a further role at Curated if successful.
- Expected compensation is $20/hour, 10 hours per week.
While these qualifications are typical of a strong candidate, they are not
exhaustive and not required unless noted. We take a holistic approach to
hiring and would love to connect if this sounds interesting to you!
Curated was founded in 2017 to humanize online shopping. Backed by
Greylock, and CapitalG,
we’ve built a collaborative shopping experience brought to life by passionate
experts. Every shopper on Curated gets one-on-one personalized advice to find
the perfect product, so they can enjoy more of what they love.
Through our expert community, Curated has created a new type of knowledge
economy that enables people to earn meaningful income by sharing their
expertise, from anywhere.
Curated is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of all
backgrounds to apply, as we strive to build a marketplace that serves every
demographic with the highest level of quality and respect.