Stackline is the first full-funnel connected commerce platform for the world's
most innovative brands. Business leaders, product innovators, performance
marketers, and analysts trust Stackline as the single source of commerce
truth. Fueled by our proprietary neural network, our market insights, revenue
metrics, behavior analyses, and autonomous functionality create the actions
that determine success or failure.
Founded in 2014 in Seattle, we have offices in Minneapolis, New York, Salt
Lake City, and London. Since November 2020, Stackline has raised $180 million
in strategic investments from Goldman Sachs Growth Equity and TA Associates.
Stackline is on a mission to fuel the future of commerce by bringing brands
and customers closer together.
Join the Customer Strategy team as Director, Customer Strategy and
you will serve as a leader on our customer-facing team – managing executive-
level customers, providing mentorship and training to our team, and advocating
internally for product and process improvements that can benefit our
customers. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of customer
success and sales , strong leadership skills, and the ability to influence
stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
About The Role:
As a Director of Customer Strategy, you will lead a team of Customer Strategy
Managers (CSMs) supporting clients across small business, commercial, and
enterprise segments. CS interacts with most functions including Sales,
Product, Marketing, Operations to act as voice of the customer and
continuously enhance our products and customer experience. This role will be
based in Seattle.
What You Will Do:
- Lead and manage a team, providing guidance, mentorship, and support to team members.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the team, including assignment, workload management, and performance monitoring.
- Develop trusted relationships with client executives, ensuring strategic alignment across internal and external stakeholders.
- Own customer retention for your team; partnering with the Renewals team to communicate and mitigate any risks that would jeopardize renewal.
- Evangelize Stackline solutions by mastering our product portfolio and identifying upsell and product extension opportunities.
- Understand customers’ e-commerce goals, proficiencies, and shortcomings to position Stackline’s products and services to address their needs.
- Gather valuable feedback from clients and act as a voice of the customer internally.
- Contribute to a positive working environment by training and mentoring CS team members and guiding strategic internal initiatives.
- Identify staffing needs, participate in the recruitment and selection process, and onboard new team members.
- Act as a resource and subject matter expert for team members, providing guidance on client success strategy and operations.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- 10+ years of experience with a focus on client engagement at a SaaS company, agency, consumer brand, or retailer.
- 5+ years of experience working in eCommerce (ideally at a brand, manufacturer, or retailer).
- 3+ years of people leadership experience.
- Proven experience in crafting stories and narratives through compelling positioning and thoughtful leadership content (in-person, on the phone, through email, and during web presentations).
- Passion for software-as-a-services, technology, and customer service.
- High energy with the ability to successfully drive projects with minimal guidance.
- Positive attitude and strong collaborator in a fast-paced environment with organizational skills to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Passion for rolling up the sleeves and diving in both tactically and strategically.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstratable experience: using frameworks, data, and analytical tools to help structure the team’s thinking, facilitate alignment across multiple senior stakeholders, and reach insightful, actionable answers to challenging and ambiguous problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining focus on primary goals.
- Ability to think big, solve problems, and are detail oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Bonus Points If You Have:
- MBA (but we also love brilliant people who didn’t go to business school)
- A background with traditional and digital marketing, buying, and measurement.
- Experience working in a startup, retail, digital advertising, or eCommerce environment.
- Experience selling/owning renewal and expansion conversations.
Benefits and Perks
It's important that each and every employee feels they are supported and can
complete their life's best work today and in the future. As part of that, we
are committed to doing our part in addressing pay gaps and discrepancies by
providing pay transparency for all of our roles. Actual salaries are just one
component of the compensation package and may vary above or below the range
based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, location, and performance.
The pay range for this position in Seattle is $160,000 - $190,000 per year.
Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and
other team-specific awards. In addition we provide a robust benefits and perks
package that includes:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and qualifying dependents
- Company 401k plan plus matching
- Company paid Life Insurance
- 20 days annually of Paid Time Off
- 9 Paid company holidays
- 100% Paid Parental Leave - 20 weeks for birthing mothers and 12 weeks for all other parents
- Summer Fridays early close at 2 pm
- Fully stocked kitchen snacks with weekly fresh fruit
Stackline is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to
apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran