Location: United States - Remote
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Data Insights & Analytics
How you will help
As a Director, Real World Data Insights you will provide exceptional healthcare data expertise throughout the contract/project lifecycle. You will translate client needs into data solutions, leveraging the largest healthcare data ecosystem in the US. Our team will rely on you for your real world data and evidence subject matter expertise, your deep understanding of the questions life science companies are asking, and your seasoned approach to helping clients get the best use out of data.
What you will do
• Collaborate and consult with internal stakeholders and provide expertise on data assets that will support client’s research questions
• Leverage medical and pharmacy claims, EMR, lab, chargemaster, SDOH, and other emerging data assets to address your clients research questions
• Co-lead discovery conversations with clients and provide consultative expertise related to real-world data strategy, study design, cohort select and other project specific needs
• Educate clients by hosting post-sale training sessions to impart your expertise and recommendations on the effective use of healthcare data
• Prepare and deliver study specific presentations, data feasibility assessments and proposals in the pre-sales phase
• Develop internal project specification and supporting materials, including market definitions, business rules and requirements documents
• Mine HealthVerity's vast data assets, using SQL or Python, in search of unique insights
How success will be defined
• Serves as a strategic partner to sales leadership throughout the opportunity lifecycle
• Provides thought leadership to the broader RWD/RWE industry through publishing, presenting, and evangelizing the work HealthVerity is doing with government and life science clients
• Executes use case-specific training and educational events for clients and users of HealthVerity data
• Creatively and strategically positions HealthVerity to win against the competition by building trust and credibility as a subject matter expert (SME)
Required skills and experience
• Master’s degree in epidemiology, public health, public policy, statistics, math, health economics, life sciences, or clinical practice (e.g. RN, PharmD, Lab technologist, etc)
• At least 3 years experience in a consultative, client-facing role with participation as a core team member participating in RFI/RFP response, and prospective client meetings, with preference for customers in the government and life sciences industries
• At least 5 years experience designing and executing research projects in RWD, epidemiology/pharmacoepidemiology, HEOR, and/or real world evidence generation (RWE)
• Experienced in applying real-world data to specific healthcare and life- science related research questions and use cases in a variety of therapeutic areas
• Proficient in programming with experience in SQL or Python and experience coaching others in the use of standard code/scripts for healthcare use cases Healthcare data subject matter expert across various data types (e.g. claims, EMR, labs, patient-reported outcomes, etc) and healthcare data coding standards (e.g. ICD, CPT, HCPCS, CVX, LOINC, NUCC taxonomy, etc)
• A commitment to personal and professional continuous learning, who can evangelize and champion the use of RWE in generating RWE
• Exceptional attention to detail and ability to identify and mitigate risk to a project or program outcome
Desired skills and experience
• Experience developing proposals for large government or enterprise life sciences contracts and serving as Principal Investigation (PI) upon contract awardKnowledge of and experience with the federal contracting process and regulatory requirements
• Knowledge and passion for improving the healthcare systems and clinical outcomes by leveraging the largest data ecosystem in the US
• Experience planning and executing training and development programs against a long-term roadmap, preferably within the scope of a large government or enterprise life sciences contract
• Strong communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to translate client needs into actionable data solutions
• Team player, working collaboratively with colleagues, management, and staff across all levels of a cohesive organization
• Highly organized, consultative, and proactive critical thinking
• Thrives in a rapidly changing, fast paced environment
• Ability to travel up to 10%
Base salary for the role is commensurate with experience and can range between $135,000 - 200,000 + annual bonus opportunity.
While HealthVerity does support remote work with quarterly travel to our Philadelphia headquarters, our strong preference is to hire team members in the areas below as well as approved states in the Eastern Time Zone. Expansion beyond these markets will occur only when necessary.
• Boston, Massachusetts
• New York City, New York
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
• Baltimore, Maryland
• Washington D.C
• Charlotte, North Carolina
• Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
• Atlanta, Georgia
Approved States in the Eastern Time Zone include: CT, DE, FL, GA, IN, MA, MD, MI NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, TN, and VA.
HealthVerity synchronizes transformational technologies with the nation’s largest healthcare and consumer data ecosystem to power previously unattainable outcomes and fundamentally advance the science. We offer a comprehensive, yet flexible approach, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange (IPGE), that synchronizes unparalleled Identity management with built-in Privacy compliance and Governance, providing the ability to discover and Exchange a near limitless combination of data at a record pace. Together with our partners in life sciences, government and insurance, we are Synchronizing the Science. To learn more about HealthVerity, visit healthverity.com.
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non- commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia. We offer both hybrid roles and those with quarterly travel.
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal- and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. All qualified job applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Remote opportunities are not available in all areas and require team members to work from a fixed location due to tax and labor law implications - specific questions about remote positions can be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.