Location: Genk, Flemish Region
Employment Type: full-time
Team: Information Technology
We are seeking a Systems Administrator who operates under the direction of the
DevSecOps Lead and assists with the operation, management, and improvement of
MIM internal infrastructure systems including administration, maintenance,
management, and networking. This role may also be responsible for basic end
user systems and support as necessary, including workplace IT infrastructure
(doors, cameras, printers, wifi, etc.) and end user systems (phones, laptops,
When you join as a MIMployee, you end up being part of something like a big
family. The informal atmosphere makes you feel right at home. Every employee
receives an extensive training program so that you know how the organisation
works and get to know your colleagues in no time.
What we expect from you:
- Responsible for the operational infrastructure of an organisation.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure while proactively ensuring the highest levels of system and infrastructure availability.
- Responsible for installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
- Monitor and test infrastructure performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work to implement fixes.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower human intervention time.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies for the infrastructure you oversee.
- Receive on-the-job training for all technical aspects of MIM’s technical software suite.
What we'll need from you:
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in a Computer Information Systems or adjacent field from a three-year accredited university, or equivalent work experience.
- Fundamental understanding of network connectivity, network hardware and software, and server hardware and software.
- Knowledge of storage appliances (SAN and NAS) and related software.
- Knowledge of Windows Server OS and supporting technologies, such as Active Directory.
- Experience with virtualisation technologies (including Citrix Virtual Apps® and VMware Horizon®) a plus.
- Flexibility in scheduling for off-hours deployments and upgrades.
- Strong organisational, time management, and analytical skills to solve pressing customer concerns.
- Critical-thinking skills, and an ability to apply learned knowledge to new situations.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to engage with our customers.
- Fluency in English. Other languages such as Dutch, French, and German are a plus.
Not unimportant either...
- You get your own laptop, which you can use to watch Netflix in your spare time.
- You also get your own iPhone or equivalent, with 280GB on us every month.
- We pay, so we have the final say… Not really in this case. In fact, you get to choose what time you start, between 7AM and 10AM.
- Thirsty from all the hard work? We've got you covered with our overly filled fridge and endless choices of beverages!
- For coffee lovers: endless fresh coffee beans!
- For the fit freaks: free fruit!
- For the sweet tooth: too many cookies!
What we offer you:
- A full-time employment opportunity with a permanent contract.
- A flying start for every junior, further growth and knowledge sharing for our senior employees.
- Interesting internal training and learning opportunities.
- A hybrid work environment so you can work from home as well as enjoy the office.
- The possibility to buy an additional 10 vacation days as well as many other benefits through our Flex Income Plan.
- An attractive salary in line with experience supplemented with numerous fringe benefits.
- A company car or a mobility budget after 6 months of employment.
- Hospital insurance.
- Pension saving and long-term illness insurance.
Clearance to work in the EU without further formalities is a
Our office is located in Genk, not Brussels.
**Wait, what does MIM do? **
MIM provides medical imaging software to imaging centres, hospitals, specialty
clinics, research organisations, and pharmaceutical companies across the
globe. Our mission is to enhance patient care by providing tools to support
the diagnostic and treatment process so the physician can focus on the
Diversity Equity and Inclusion
MIM is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone
can contribute and thrive. We'll encourage, support, and learn from each
other’s perspectives. This is both the right thing to do and vital: diverse
perspectives fuel innovations that enhance patient care.