Founded in 2010 in Nashville, Tennessee, ProviderTrust set out to create
comprehensive solutions that solve complex healthcare problems, ultimately
envisioning a world where fraud, waste, and abuse could be identified and
eliminated from healthcare.
Today, more than a decade later, we continue to believe everyone deserves a
safe healthcare experience. And setting new standards for data intelligence
can lead the way. We believe deeply in a healthcare system that is equitable,
accessible, affordable, and free of fraud for Americans of all ages, races,
income levels, or preexisting conditions. We come to work every day to push
healthcare toward that reality by building out a more intelligent healthcare
monitoring and verification platform, breaking down silos within provider and
payer organizations to ensure continuous visibility into license, credential,
compliance, and payment eligibility issues.
Our solutions monitor employees, vendors, and provider networks for OIG and
state Medicaid exclusions, sanctions, and/or disciplinary actions, and verify
licenses and credentials to catch expirations or suspensions. Together, our
approach helps ensure organizations across the healthcare ecosystem are
collectively striving for high-quality patient care for all.
We are seeking a Technical Implementation Engineer to join our Data Services
team, focusing on client implementations. This role involves working closely
with clients to provide API, data integration, and product demonstrations,
while guiding them through common use-cases. The Technical Implementation
Engineer will assist in onboarding new user accounts, ensuring successful
implementation within our product. The role is responsible for offering live
support and comprehensive documentation for all technical implementations.
Additionally, the Technical Implementation Engineer will coordinate technical
tasks with internal IT teams to accurately represent client requirements.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Provide API, data integration, and product demonstrations to clients while guiding them through common implementation use-cases.
- Assist in the onboarding of new user accounts and validate the success of product implementations.
- Offer live support and create comprehensive documentation to facilitate technical implementations.
- Coordinate technical tasks with internal IT teams to ensure client requirements are accurately represented.
- Work closely with clients to identify their technical requirements, collaborating with internal teams to find and plan solutions.
- Serve as the point of contact for clients for all technical implementation matters, ensuring transparency and effective communication.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with both internal teams and external clients to ensure smooth transitions and successful product implementations.
**Suggested Skills and Experience **
- 3+ years of experience in technical implementations involving APIs and data integrations.
- Strong understanding of client requirements gathering, API integrations, and data mapping.
- Proficiency in providing live technical support and creating comprehensive documentation.
- Excellent communication skills for effective client interactions and internal team coordination.
- Familiarity with healthcare applications such as EMR, HRIS, ERP, and Claims/Cost Management is a plus.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both internal teams and external clients.
- Comfortable in fast-paced environments and skilled at managing multiple client implementations concurrently.
- Technical knowledge: Hands-on experience with programming/database languages, API deployments, and other software integrations.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize tasks and bring them to completion.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, capable of creating order and navigating towards solutions.
What It's Like to Work Here
At ProviderTrust, we recognize that experience is built in a number of ways.
If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, or your
experience doesn’t match our exact requirements, we welcome your candidacy and
encourage you to share more. We champion building a team that embodies
empathy, equity, respect, and inclusivity while actively supporting our
community, clients, partners, and friends. We value differences of opinion and
embrace unique perspectives. We desire an environment that allows all team
members to bring their full selves to work, unashamedly. We carefully consider
every application and will either move forward with you, find another team
that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank
you for your time. ProviderTrust is an equal-opportunity employer.
To be great at ProviderTrust, we find our team members have these things in
- Gain energy from working in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Decision-making that employs a blend of data-driven insights and intuition
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Resilience and positivity, able to address setbacks and bounce back quickly
- Resourcefulness, discovering creative ways to get things done
- Joy in making an immediate and positive impact
- Diverse interests that are welcomed and extend beyond our organization
Things That Make Us A Great Place To Work
- Competitive base salary and incentive package with 401k matching, meaningful equity, HSA employer contribution, and company-paid life and disability insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits; PT pays 80% of your premiums. We also offer access to a range of free mental health and well-being resources.
- Unlimited PTO, 11 paid holidays, and a flexible work schedule
- Internal professional growth, development, and mobility
- Daily all-company morning huddles to sync up across the business
- In-office experience: fully stocked kitchen, ergonomic desk setup, dog-friendly, and lots of celebrations!
- Remote experience: home office set-up with technology provided, remote-friendly meetings and celebrations, and interest-specific Slack channels for connecting across teams
- Fitness stipend, wellness program, and cell phone reimbursement
- Voted one of the Best Places to Work by the Nashville Business Journal (2015 – 2019)
- Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private firms in the U.S. (2016-2020)