Founded by educators and technologists passionate about improving education,
Clever is on a mission to unlock new ways to learn for all students. Already
used by more than 75% of U.S. K-12 schools, Clever brings all applications
into one secure portal and provides single sign-on for everyone. With the
leading network of digital learning providers, Clever makes school more
engaging, personalized, and fun.
The Infrastructure team at Clever is responsible for the internal platform
used by all engineering teams to develop, deploy, and monitor Clever’s
products. As a member of the team, you’ll build systems that enable all
engineering teams at Clever to iterate on their services without compromising
reliability, as well as the shared infrastructure and cloud resources on which
Clever runs. You will collaborate across engineering teams to identify gaps in
our automation and tooling, helping the entire engineering organization become
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Build a platform that makes it easy for Clever engineers to deploy scalable, well-architected applications without worrying about the details.
- Sponsor resiliency efforts to achieve 99.98%+ uptime for critical services.
- Learn and apply best practices across all of the AWS services used by Clever.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to identify and support their needs.
- Build monitoring and logging services so that teams can ensure the smooth operation of their products.
- Understand and prioritize the Clever engineering culture - see our blog post on Defining Clever’s Engineering Culture.
Infrastructure's codebase is primarily Go. We support teams writing code in
using Typescript for Node.js and frontend as well. We build tooling and encode
best practices across a variety of cloud solutions including MongoDB,
Postgres, DynamoDB, Docker, and many AWS services (ECS, Step Functions, etc).
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer including backend work
- Experience with Go is useful but not required
- Direct experience using a cloud provider (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with our key AWS Technologies (ECS, DynamoDB, VPCs, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis) helpful but not required
- Ability to empathize with fellow engineers to understand their pain points and improve their developer experience
- The desire and ability to learn quickly in order to support the wide range (and ever-changing list) of technologies in use at Clever
- Design and product sense for building as an internal infrastructure/platform team
- Commitment to equity and belonging: Clever believes that the classrooms we serve and our company’s halls should be spaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We seek opportunities and celebrate actions that further allow us to build diverse teams, include every voice, and create a safe space for everyone to bring their authentic selves into the workplace. Outside of our walls, we use our collective influence, passionate work, and community involvement to unlock learning for ALL students.
CLEVER BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- A generous personal development yearly budget which can be used for courses, conferences, trainings, books, and more
- LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Annual company retreats and quarterly team events to connect with fun, bright coworkers
The range of our base salary cash compensation for this role for candidates
living in the United States, besides NYC and San Francisco, CA, is between
$166,815 - $198,000. For candidates living in NYC and San Francisco, CA is
between $185,350 - $220,000. All final offers are determined using
multiple factors including experience and level of expertise.
Clever does not conduct interviews via text or Telegram. We will never ask
for your financial information or reimbursement of equipment of any kind. If
you receive any communications regarding employment with Clever that you think
might be a scam, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.