We’re looking for a Software Developer specializing in 3D runtime engine
development to help advance Cesium’s roadmap for 3D geospatial integrations in
native runtime engines. As a 3D Software Developer on runtime engines, you
will help build our integrations and tooling for runtime engines, improve
performance and optimizations, and advance our open source software libraries
to enable the Cesium community to build full-scale real-world 3D applications,
games, and experiences with game engines to be deployed across a variety of
platforms and devices.
What you’ll do:
- Be a key part of our development team and collaborate with the open-source community to accelerate the roadmap for Cesium’s integrations with runtime engine via Cesium Native
- Use C++, C#, or other common game engine programming languages to develop plugins, demos, and application code
- Use modern software development practices to create reusable libraries, unit tests, and documentation
- Develop high performance graphics algorithms and use profiling to optimize hotspots
- Participate in collaborative open source development using GitHub, code reviews, and CI
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience with developing 3D runtime engines
- Excellent C++ 17 development skills with a focus on modular architecture, API design, and performance
- Exposure to graphics techniques and algorithms such as spatial data structures, runtime engine design and architecture, and shaders
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Math, a related field, or equivalent experience
Ways to stand out:
- Experience building native plugins for Unreal Engine, Unity, or NVIDIA Omniverse.
- Exposure to geospatial software and/or data such as photogrammetry, point clouds, and terrain
- Experience with any flavor of parallel programming: multicore, SIMD, GPU, etc
- Experience debugging and profiling graphics performance
- Experience with open standards and formats such as glTF and 3D Tiles
- Exposure to AR, VR, Oculus Quest, and/or HoloLens
- Wellness Benefits Visa Card to promote and encourage healthy activities and lifestyle.
- Education Benefit in the form of tuition and loan reimbursement
- 401K with 100% matching up to 6%. 100% vested from day one.
- Remote Workspace Benefit- $1,000 expense to buy office furniture for your remote workspace
- Enjoy 21 paid personal days, as well as additional holidays and a winter break each year.
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Learning opportunities including workshops and Kindle or Audible credits
- Frequent team social events
- Old city office just steps from public transit
- Free lunch, snacks, and drinks at the office Cesium offers
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Stock options to share in the growth that you help create
- 100% medical coverage for you and your dependents, and 99% coverage for dental and vision. 100% premium coverage for short term and long term disability.
- Relocation Assistance Packages, up to $15,000 to make it easier to move closer to our Philadelphia headquarters.
- Commuter benefit for public transit and parking
Cesium was awarded
- 2020 Technology Startup Enterprise Award by the Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies (PACT)
- 2020 Startup of the Year in the Geospatial World Awards by Geospatial Media and Communications
- One of Philadelphia's Best Places to Work in Tech 2020 by Tech in Motion
- 2023 EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite candidates from all different
backgrounds to bring their unique perspective to Cesium.
We have a preference for this role to be hybrid in-person in our new
headquarters in Philadelphia. Remote candidates may be considered.