Location: Austin, TX
Employment Type: Full-time Employment
Team: Centralized Operations
What We Do
Care Access is delivering the future of medicine today! Care Access has a revolutionary model that breaks down traditional barriers to clinical trials that limit participation among physicians and patients to 3%. By removing this bottleneck, Care Access is helping accelerate the approval and delivery of critical and life-saving therapies.
Who We Are
We care. Our people are the engines behind our mission: to revolutionize access to clinical trials for the benefit of patients everywhere. We care for one another, find new ideas to accelerate medicine, and seed a long-term impact for generations.
The Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS)/ Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) assists with the maintenance of policies, procedures, and quality control practices to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations. This role requires meticulous and organized record control, excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task while remaining agile with duties and scheduled timelines. The MLS/MLT will perform routine medical laboratory tests and assist with trainings and verifications/validations, as needed.
What You'll Be Working On
Duties include but not limited to:
· Perform technical laboratory functions including chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, and immunology while maintaining turnaround time (TAT).
· Report test results following clinic protocols alerting providers and/or nurses as needed.
· Ensure quality assurance in collecting specimens, ensure appropriate sampling and maintain accurate record keeping.
· Maintain laboratory equipment and supplies. Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean, medical laboratory equipment, as needed.
· Assist with training of new laboratory personnel.
· Comply with all federal, state, and local regulations (i.e. FDA, OSHA, CLIA, and COLA agencies).
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
Physical and Travel Requirements
· Environmentally controlled laboratory environment
· Fast paced environment with occasional high-pressure situations
· Frequent exposure to bodily fluids
· Possible exposure to infectious specimens, communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a laboratory and medical environment
· May wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves or a mask
· Frequent interaction with a diverse population including team members, providers, and other members of the public
· Frequent standing, walking, grasping, carrying, and speaking
· Occasional sitting, reaching, bending, and stooping
· Lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling up to 50 pounds, with assistance if needed
· Frequent use of computer, keyboard, copier, and phone.
· This is an onsite position and requires less than 10% travel. Occasional planned travel may be required as part of the role.
What You Bring
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of medical laboratory principles, standards, applications, and tests.
· Knowledge of medical laboratory safety, cleanliness, and infection control policies and regulations.
· Knowledge of medical laboratory equipment uses and maintenance.
· Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
· Communication – Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
· Computer Skills – Proficient ability to use a computer and electronic medical record.
· Confidentiality – Maintain patient, team member and employer confidentiality. Comply with all HIPAA regulations.
· Customer Service Oriented – Friendly, cheerful, and helpful to peers and others. Ability to meet team members and others needs while following company policies and procedures.
· Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
· Flexibility – Ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities.
· Positivity – Display a positive attitude and is a positive agent for change.
· Teamwork – Work as part of a team and collaborate with co-workers.
· Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Certifications/Licenses, Education, and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Immunology, Cell Biology, or Clinical Laboratory Science OR Associate’s degree Medical Technology/Medical Laboratory Science program from an accredited institution.
· ASCP or AMT certification required.
· Minimum of 1-year related clinical laboratory experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is strongly preferred.
· BSL2 laboratory experience preferred, including but not limited to specimen processing and laboratory support in a research laboratory setting.
· Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills, such as word processing and laboratory information systems.
· Strong understanding of good laboratory practices and regulatory compliance.
· Maintain and adhere to GCP guidelines per Care Access policies
Benefits (US Full-Time Employees Only)
● PTO/vacation days, sick days, holidays.
● 100% paid medical, dental, and vision Insurance. 75% for dependents.
● HSA plan
● Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life Insurance.
● Culture of growth and equality
● 401k retirement plan
Diversity & Inclusion
We serve patients and researchers from diverse cultures and communities around the world. We are stronger and better when we build a team representing the people we aim to support. We maintain an inclusive culture where people from a broad range of backgrounds feel valued and respected as they contribute to our mission. We value diversity and believe that unique contributions drive our success.
At Care Access, every day, we are advancing medical breakthroughs. We’re uniting standard patient care with cutting-edge treatments and research. Our work brings life-changing therapies to those in need and paves the way for newer and greater treatments to reach the world. We’re proud to advance these breakthroughs and work with the big players while engaging with the best
physicians and caring for patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Care Access is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.