**About EarnIn **
As one of the first pioneers of earned wage access, our passion at EarnIn is
building products that deliver real-time financial flexibility for those with
the unique needs of living paycheck to paycheck. Our community members access
their earnings as they earn them, with options to spend, save, and grow their
money without mandatory fees, interest rates, or credit checks. Since our
founding, our app has been downloaded over 13M times, and we have provided
access to over $15 billion in earnings.
We’re fortunate to have an incredibly experienced leadership team, combined
with world-class funding partners like A16Z, Matrix Partners, DST, Ribbit
Capital, and a very healthy core business with a tremendous runway. We’re
growing fast and are excited to continue bringing world-class talent onboard
to help shape the next chapter of our growth journey.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, and resourceful Senior
Application Engineer to join our backend team. As a Senior Application
Engineer, you will work cross-functionally with various teams and contribute
to the design and development of our backend services. This position offers
the flexibility of working remotely or in a hybrid manner, based on your
location within Mexico.
What You'll Do
- Design and implement features robust enough for our exploding scale, with a strong emphasis on both Android and iOS applications.
- Complete documentation and procedures and maintenance of services and applications.
- Drive the implementation of new features that seamlessly integrate on both Android and iOS platforms, while actively contributing to the systems design aspect of our applications.
- Create and maintain test automation to enable continuous integration for Android, iOS, and backend development.
- Design and deliver thoughtfully crafted REST APIs to drive the interactions between our client applications and backend services, ensuring compatibility with both Android and iOS.
- Collaborate and mentor other engineers while providing thoughtful guidance using code, design, and architecture reviews. This is a full-stack mentoring role.
- Define system requirements and/or necessary modifications: Work cross-functionally with other teams (data science, design, product, marketing, analytics) to ensure the applications meet user requirements on both mobile platforms and contribute to the full-stack architecture of our systems.
- Leverage a broad skill set and help us implement and learn new technologies quickly, encompassing both Android and iOS development, and actively participate in full-stack solutions.
- Provide and receive design and implementation evaluations and improve per iteration, addressing both Android and iOS requirements and contributing to the full-stack architecture.
- Debug production issues across our services infrastructure and multiple levels of our stack, including issues related to both Android and iOS applications, and actively participate in full-stack issue resolution.
- Think about distributed systems and services and care passionately about producing high-quality code, encompassing Android and iOS development, and contributing to full-stack solutions.
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years of development experience, including significant experience in Android and iOS development, and with an active role in systems design.
- Hands-on experience working with various databases (DynamoDB, MySql, ElasticSearch) and data pipeline technologies, ensuring compatibility with both Android and iOS applications and contributing to the full-stack architecture.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery tools, particularly those relevant to Android and iOS development, and actively participating in full-stack CI/CD.
- Experienced in developing and executing functional and integration tests for Android and iOS applications, with a focus on full-stack testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Kubernetes and microservice architecture is a strong plus, particularly in the context of both Android and iOS platforms and their impact on full-stack solutions.
At EarnIn, we strongly believe that building a financial system that caters to
everyday people's needs begins with hiring a diverse team that reflects our
community. Our team is not only diverse in terms of background and experience
but also in perspective. We celebrate this diversity and aim to create a
culture of belonging. EarnIn does not discriminate unlawfully based on various
factors and is an E-Verify participant.
EarnIn does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or
third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fees will be
paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring
managers or HR team.