Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Employment Type: Full Time
About the job
Hi, we’re Gravie. Our mission is to improve the way people purchase and access healthcare through innovative, consumer-centric health benefit solutions that people can actually use. Our industry-changing products and services are developed and delivered by a diverse group of unique people. We encourage you to be your authentic self - we like you that way.
A Little More About Us
We know healthcare. Our company was founded and is still led by industry veterans who have started and grown several market-leading companies in the space. We are quickly becoming one of the fastest growing health benefits companies in the country. We have received numerous awards and accolades, including Inc. Magazine Best in Business Gold Medal award in 2021, and JMP Securities Top 50 Private Companies in Insurtech in 2022. We have raised money from top tier investors who share the same long-term vision as we do of building an industry defining company that will endure over the long run. We are well capitalized. Our customers like us. Our revenue churn is in the low single digits, in an industry where greater than 20% churn is common. Our culture is unique. We tend to be non-hierarchical, merit-driven, opinionated but kind people who thrive working in a high-performance, fast-paced environment. People at Gravie care deeply about making a positive impact in the lives of the people we serve. We may not be the right place for everybody, but if you get energized by doing work every day that focuses on putting consumers at the front of the line, we could be a great place for you. It takes unique people and diverse perspectives to deliver our results. We encourage you to be your authentic self – we like you that way.
We’re seeking a dynamic Product Manager Actuarial/Underwriting to join our Product Management team to help drive the future of health benefit products and services our members will love. In this role, you will collaborate closely with key stakeholders and business owners from our Underwriting division to develop and manage a dynamic 3+ year product roadmap that aligns to the vision and goals of the underwriting business. As a detail-oriented problem solver, you’ll serve as a strong partner for Underwriting & Actuarial business owners, translating the product vision into specific requirements and meticulously considering every step of the journey. Your keen sense for anticipating and navigating potential roadblocks will ensure the products meet, and exceed the desired expectations. Additionally, you’ll work across internal teams, including business owners, sales, customer experience/marketing, engineering, legal, regulatory, and compliance teams, to support business owners’ development of well-structured business cases and go-to-market strategies, while monitoring in-market performance and managing the entire product lifecycle.
• Market Research and Analysis: Stay apprised of current market research to understand customer needs, technology and industry trends, in addition to the competitive landscape. Partners with key stakeholders, business owners, customer support and customer experience teams to analyze performance data and gather insights to identify potential product opportunities and areas for improvement.
• Product Roadmap: Collaborate closely with key stakeholders and business owners to develop and manage a dynamic 3-year product roadmap that outlines the planned features, enhancements, and initiatives that align to the vision and goals of the company.
**• Business/Product Plans: **Collaborate with internal subject matter experts (SMEs), including business owners, sales, customer experience/marketing, engineering, legal, regulatory, and compliance teams, to support business owners in the development of well-structured, comprehensive business cases.
• Product Requirements & Design: Work closely with engineering and design teams to oversee the product development lifecycle. Provide clear guidance and support throughout the requirements, process maps, design, user acceptance criteria, testing, and release phases.
• Product Testing and Quality Assurance : Partner with Engineering on testing efforts to ensure product quality, performance, and reliability. Engage in user acceptance testing (UAT) to validate that the products meet customer expectations.
• Product Launch and Marketing: Work closely with Marketing and Sales teams to develop effective messaging, training and educational materials, promotional materials, and go-to-market strategies.
• Stakeholder Communication & Reporting: Support EPMO in status reporting, issue tracking & resolution, and removing roadblocks to program delivery.
• Customer Feedback & Insights: Gather feedback from Customers, Sales, CX, Account Management, Gravie Care and other sources to continuously improve existing products and inform the prioritization, and the development roadmap
• Performance Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting: Continuously monitor and report on the product performance using key performance metrics, business processes and analytics. Collect and analyze user feedback to identify areas for improvement and make data-driven decisions that will influence the development needs of the product.
• Product Life Cycle Management: Oversees the entire lifespan of a product, from the initial business case and development to its eventual retirement or discontinuation.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• 3-5 years of substantial experience in Product Management
• Experience in product management, health benefits & underwriting domain knowledge, cross-functional leadership, go-to-market strategies and successful product launches
• Skills in product strategy and vision, roadmapping, business case development, data analysis, stakeholder collaboration, data-driven decision making, market research, product metrics and performance, product lifecycle management
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint, Google Office Suite
• Strong general business acumen, presentation and communication skills – written and verbal
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated success getting results through collaboration
• Previous startup company experience
• Successfully launched underwriting / actuarial products
• Experience in Business and IT projects
• Knowledge and/or direct exposure to Underwriting/Actuarial project delivery
Competitive pay is standard. Our unique benefits program is the gravy, i.e., the special sauce that sets our compensation package apart. In addition to standard benefits, Gravie’s package includes alternative medicine coverage, flexible PTO, 16 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, cell phone reimbursement, education reimbursement, and 1 week of paid paw-ternity leave just to name a few.