Who we are
DoubleVerify is the leading independent provider of marketing measurement
software, data, and analytics that authenticates the quality and effectiveness
of digital media for the world's largest brands and media platforms. DV
provides media transparency and accountability to deliver the highest level of
impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has
helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media
spending by delivering best-in-class solutions across the digital ecosystem,
helping to build a better industry. Learn more at
**About the role: **
Staff Software Architect for a hands-on position on our architects’ team. We
are a data and analytics company for digital media, tracking ads for
companies. Our platform utilizes various strategies to ingest tens of billions
of daily events from different sources, apply our business logic, and make the
data available for consumption and reporting. You will guide and collaborate
with talented, curious, and highly motivated engineers and senior engineering
leadership to achieve this goal.
**What you’ll do: **
- Architect, design, and build distributed systems processing and applying business logic for Big Data workloads, serve thousands of clients and support advanced analytics using tools such as SnowFlake, BigQuery, Databricks, Kafka, Airflow, DBT, Looker, MongoDB, etc.
- Act as a technology trailblazer - evaluate new technologies, frameworks, tools, and methodologies, conduct PoCs, and make recommendations to engineering management. Spread the knowledge by training the engineering staff.
- Build scalable and high-quality code, including constantly reviewing developers’ code, looking for design breaches, providing meaningful and relevant feedback to developers, and staying up-to-date with system changes.
- Collaborate with multiple cross-disciplinary teams and provide technical leadership, guidance, and coaching to engineers through brainstorming sessions, design reviews, and pair-programming
- Define and advocate for technical standards of CI/CD, quality, monitoring, security, modifiability, extensibility, and maintainability of data processing software.
- Take data-driven decisions based on extensive data analysis using advanced SQL methodologies.
- Facilitate creating documentation, flow charts, and diagrams that record systems behavior, data flows, etc., to serve as a reference for new team members, auditors, etc.
- Communicate and partner with technical and non-technical teams.
**Who you are: **
- 7+ years of experience in building and operating mission-critical, data-intensive, and distributed systems
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Scala/Java/.Net/Python development
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in SQL and data analysis
- 2+ years experience in resources management
- Ability to architect and design complex software systems while adhering to fundamental principles and best practices
- Technical expert across multiple domains
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience with large-scale systems and Big Data
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience with distributed data stores
- Experience with following and advocating state-of-the-art SDLC processes
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field or equivalent technical experience
This position is fulltime and located in our New York City headquarter
The successful candidates starting salary will be determined based on a number
of non-discriminating factors, including qualifications for the role, level,
skills, experience, location, and balancing internal equity relative to peers
at DV. The estimated salary range for this role based on the qualifications
set forth in the job description is between $114,000 - $225,000. This role
will also be eligible for bonus/commission (as applicable), equity, and
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description;
however, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that
the person we hire may be more or less experienced than this job description