Location: United States
Employment Type: Full-time
What We’re Building
Honeycomb is a service for the near and present future, redefining
observability and raising expectations of what our developer tools can do for
us! We’re working with well known companies like HelloFresh, Slack,
LaunchDarkly, and Vanguard and more across a range of industries. This is an
exciting time in our trajectory, we’ve closed Series D funding, scaled past
150-person mark, and named on [Forbes’ America’s Best Startups of
In this Senior Product Marketing Manager role, you’ll be a joining a growing
Product Marketing team and own the launch and growth of several new, strategic
platform features focusing on front-end observability. This will be a high
visibility role that will contribute directly to amplifying Honeycomb’s
already amazing business growth.
Who We Are
We come for the impact, and stay for the culture! We’re a talented,
opinionated, passionate, fiercely inclusive, and responsible group of bees. We
have conviction and we strive to live our
values every day. We want our people to do
what they truly love amongst a team of highly talented (but humble) peers.
How We Work
We are a remote-first company, which means we believe it is not where you sit,
but how you deliver that matters most. We invest in our people and care about
how you orient to our culture and processes. At the same time we imbue a lot
of trust, autonomy, and accountability from Day 1
What you'll do in the role
Strategic Product Positioning:
- Develop and implement product positioning, aligning the product with market needs, customer personas, and competitive landscape.
- Conduct thorough market research to identify key trends, customer pain points, and opportunities to differentiate the product.
Go-to-Market (GTM) Planning and Implementation:
- Lead the creation and execution of detailed GTM plans for new product launches and feature releases, collaborating cross-functionally with product management, sales, and marketing teams.
- Define target customer segments, messaging, and positioning strategies to drive successful product adoption in the market.
Market and Competitive Analysis:
- Continuously monitor and analyze market trends, competitor activities, and industry developments to inform product strategy and identify areas for differentiation.
- Provide actionable insights to guide product roadmap decisions and respond effectively to changes in the competitive landscape.
Content Creation and Messaging:
- Develop compelling and consistent messaging for the Honeycomb platform, ensuring it resonates with target audiences across various channels, including website content, marketing campaign collateral, and sales enablement materials.
- Work with the Content Team to create and manage a library of product-related content, such as case studies, white papers, and presentations, to support marketing and sales efforts.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with sales teams to provide them with the necessary tools and materials for effective selling, including product guides, training, and competitive battle cards.
- Work closely with marketing teams to develop and execute integrated marketing campaigns, including digital marketing, events, and thought leadership initiatives.
What You'll Bring
- Has extensive experience in real user monitoring (RUM), session replay, and other front-end APM and observability tools. You know the key use cases for monitoring and fixing front-end related application performance issues and you know the top vendors/competitors in the space.
- Has a proven product marketing track record. You have uncanny abilities when it comes to listening and translating needs between several groups, verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, and leading successful GTM programs. You might be newer to the developer marketing arena (bonus points for lots of experience!), but you thrive on successfully enabling sales, marketing, and product teams to deliver better business outcomes. You have multiple years of running product launches under your belt and you know how to get it done.
- Is familiar with the DevOps/SRE/Cloud-Native ecosystem of technologies and its audience. You’ll connect product features to solutions that effectively address audience challenges. Our audience works with a number of adjacent technologies in this space, so it’ll help you hit the ground running if you already know the landscape.
- Enjoys teaching others and sees Product Marketing as a way to become a force-multiplier. You have multiple years of success training sales teams on your products and positioning and enjoy doing so. Your external content helps customers understand and connect with how we help them be more successful at their jobs. Your internal content helps your teammates drive faster deals and accelerate win rates. You’re driven by making people better at what they do.
- Is a natural storyteller. You love connecting the dots to find problem-driven value stories. You’ll work with marketing to formulate and execute campaigns. You’ll work with sales to build collateral that resonates with customers. You’ll work with product to lay foundations that help drive marketing and sales goals. Within the PMM team, you’ll also contribute to positioning/messaging, sales enablement, and analyst relations. As an essential part of Honeycomb’s GTM team, you’re customer obsessed, market savvy, and solution oriented. A strong candidate will have a proven track record working as a PMM in the B2B, enterprise software, or SaaS/Cloud space, or equivalent domain expertise.
- Likes being a generalist. We’re a small team at Honeycomb, so there will be plenty of opportunities to jump around and help out with other areas. Everything is an experiment, we wear many hats, and we have to learn quickly to maintain our competitive edge. You’re an entrepreneurial self-starter, but also team-oriented.
What you get when you join the Hive:
- Base pay of $190,000- $225,000
- A stake in our success - generous equity with employee-friendly stock program
- It’s not about how strong of a negotiator you are - our pay is based on transparent levels relative to experience
- Compensation benchmarked to San Francisco market - no matter of where you live (or move)!
- A remote-first mindset and culture (really!)
- 100% employee coverage for Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Time To Recharge - Unlimited PTO, paid sabbatical, 14 US company holidays in 2022, and one 3-day weekend per month
- Maven Inclusive Family-Building benefit including unlimited virtual appointments, coaches & counselors, and $10K ‘wallet’ to support adoption, surrogacy, IVF, and egg/sperm freezing
- Pick Your Perk - $600 a year to spend on the perks that you care about most
- Work Life Balance and Flexible Schedule options
- The tech you need AND a $500 Home Setup Stipend
- $200 Reimbursement for Cell/Wifi/CoWorking
- $1500+ Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave, regardless of path to parenthood
- Semi-annual performance conversations (we call them Review & Rewards conversations) - so you know where you stand, and how you’ll be rewarded for your impact
- Annual compensation review, benchmarking to industry and inflation changes
Diversity & Accommodations:
We're building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each
other, and welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds,
experiences, abilities and perspectives. You don't need to be a millennial to
join us, all gens are welcome! Further, we (of course) follow federal and
state disability laws and are happy to provide reasonable accommodations
during the application phase, interview process, and employment. Please email
Talent@honeycomb.io to discuss accessible
formats or accommodations. As an equal opportunity employer our hiring process
is [designed to put you at ease and help you show your best
hiring/); if we can do better - we want to know!