Founded by a team of Facebook, Dropbox, and LinkedIn alumni in 2017,
Forethought is on a mission to make every touchpoint between humans and
organizations faster and more intelligent. Forethought is a leading Generative
AI company providing customer service solutions that transform the customer
experience. Our products enable seamless customer experiences by infusing
human-centered AI at each stage of the customer support journey: resolving
common cases instantly, predicting and prioritizing cases, and assisting
agents with relevant knowledge-all from one AI platform.
Forethought has raised over $92M in VC funding from top investors including
STEADFAST Capital Ventures, New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Ashton Kutcher
and Guy Oseary's Sound Ventures, Gwyneth Paltrow, NBA Vet Baron Davis, Robert
Downey Jr., Sean "Diddy" Combs, LL Cool J, and the CEOs of Robinhood, Carta,
and Qualtrics. In 2018, Forethought launched and won at TechCrunch Disrupt-the
world's most prestigious startup competition-and was featured in Forbes 30
Under 30. More recently, Forethought was listed as one of Forbes' Next
We are tackling a $30B+ market opportunity, and we’re assembling a world-class
team to help us get there. As the Sales Engineering Manager at Forethought,
not only will you lead a team of talented Sales Engineers, you will also have
the opportunity to help define and build our Sales Engineering motion as we
continue to grow and scale. We are looking for a passionate leader with a
growth mindset who loves to solve the world's hardest problems.
What You'll Be Doing (Responsibilities):
- Lead, manage, and develop a team of highly technical Sales Engineers.
- Partner with Sales and CX Leadership to improve our overall Go-To-Market strategy.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to provide customer feedback and continuously improve our product offerings.
- Provide exemplary pre-sales technical expertise through technical and product presentations, demonstrations, pilot implementations, and ongoing sales consultation.
- Help build a highly effective Sales Engineering process that will be used for years to come.
- Train and coach Account Executives on building and running demos.
**Who You Are (Skills): **
- 2+ years of directly managing highly technical Sales Engineering teams.
- 6+ years of B2B SaaS experience working directly with customers in a technical pre-sales role.
- Self-starter comfortable with ambiguity in entrepreneurial environments.
- Strong experience responding to six-figure RFPs.
- Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
- Extensive database / data management, and analytics experience.
- Familiarity with REST APIs to consume data from external sources.
- Strongly preferred: Knowledge of the customer support industry.
- Strongly preferred: Understanding of AI and high-level concepts of Machine Learning, RPA (Robotic Process Automation).
**The anticipated salary range for this role based in San Francisco, CA will
be approximately $175k-205k (base). This amount does not include bonuses or
equity that will also be included in the offer.
What You Get
- A chance to be an early member of a hyper-growth startup with equity to match
- An opportunity to help us define a new market within AI
- Ability to solve challenging problems with a world-class team
- A low ego company culture that is obsessed with feedback and helping each other grow
- Hybrid in-office vs. remote structure that allows you to choose where you get your best work done
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Unlimited paid time off