Founded by a team of Facebook, Dropbox, and LinkedIn alumni in 2017,
Forethought is on a mission to make every touchpoint between humans and
organizations faster and more intelligent. Forethought is a leading Generative
AI company providing customer service solutions that transform the customer
experience. Our products enable seamless customer experiences by infusing
human-centered AI at each stage of the customer support journey: resolving
common cases instantly, predicting and prioritizing cases, and assisting
agents with relevant knowledge-all from one AI platform.
Forethought has raised over $92M in VC funding from top investors including
STEADFAST Capital Ventures, New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Ashton Kutcher
and Guy Oseary's Sound Ventures, Gwyneth Paltrow, NBA Vet Baron Davis, Robert
Downey Jr., Sean "Diddy" Combs, LL Cool J, and the CEOs of Robinhood, Carta,
and Qualtrics. In 2018, Forethought launched and won at TechCrunch Disrupt-the
world's most prestigious startup competition-and was featured in Forbes 30
Under 30. More recently, Forethought was listed as one of Forbes' Next
We are tackling a $30B+ market opportunity, and we’re assembling a world-class
team to help us get there. We’re searching for a VP of Finance who has a
passion for building highly efficient Finance and Accounting orgs within
hyper-growth startup environments.
What You'll Be Doing (Responsibilities):
- Report directly to the CEO.
- Own all aspects of Finance within the company including FP&A, Accounting, AR/AP, and vendors.
- Partner with Senior Leadership on key initiatives such as annual budget planning, results management, pricing and packaging, compensation planning, and more.
- Support CEO in communications with the board and investors by building financial and pitch materials, running meetings, and liaising with current or prospective investors.
- Establish operational rigor needed to adhere to and accurately forecast budgets.
- Develop relationships with lending/financial institutions, auditors, consultants, and investors.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of the organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plans of the organization.
- Direct the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
- Develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting.
**Who You Are (Skills): **
- 10+ years of accounting/finance experience
- 2+ years of VP or Senior Director, decision-maker experience
- 5+ years of experience working with venture-backed, B2B SaaS companies
- Master's Degree in Finance or Accounting (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting (Preferred)
- Experience supporting fundraising and/or M&A decisions
- Excellent knowledge of general financial accounting and understanding of accounting rules and procedures including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent knowledge of FP&A and ability to derive strategic actionable insights
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent management, supervisory, communication, organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented and able to perform in a high-pressure environment
**The anticipated salary range for this role based in San Francisco, CA will
be approximately $240-275k (base). This amount does not include bonuses or
equity that will also be included in the offer.
What You Get
- A chance to be an early member of a hyper-growth startup with equity to match
- An opportunity to help us define a new market within AI
- Ability to solve challenging problems with a world-class team
- A low ego company culture that is obsessed with feedback and helping each other grow
- Hybrid in-office vs. remote structure that allows you to choose where you get your best work done
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Unlimited paid time off