Employment Type: Full-time
(Remote, US based only)
About Bonusly Engineering:
We believe "velocity" is the rate at which we deliver value to our customers,
not the rate at which we ship code. And this pushes us to center our work
around customers; “How will this change I'm about to make help our
When we’re coding, we're making hundreds of micro-decisions that add up to a
person’s experience with the product. We’re in a unique position because we
dogfood what we build (Bonusly uses Bonusly), and that helps us form opinions
about what works. Engineers also work with Product Management and Design to
define problems we solve. Knowing the customer means spending some time away
from the code.
Engineers have the freedom to create a ton of impact for our customers. The
role requires high agency and comfort with change. It requires people who
believe the interesting problems in Engineering are stack-agnostic. It
requires Engineers who believe that solving customer problems quickly is what
matters first; building scalable systems matters when customer problems are
What you'll do:
- Work in React, Ruby, Rails, MongoDB, and Postgres to solve problems for our customers.
- Dive into all layers of the stack; frontend, backend, API, data processors, etc.
- Jam with Product Managers, Designers, CS, and other Engineers every day to shape the direction of our products.
- Share your knowledge with people in Engineering; engineers should get better at their craft because they work with you. Even if you’re early in your career, you have something to teach.
- Contribute to the psychological safety of your team. Software is built by groups of people, and good relationships matter.
What you’ve accomplished:
- While we agree the interesting problems in Engineering are stack-agnostic, we’d love it if you have experience with Ruby on Rails. We’ve found that Engineers with prior stack experience usually ramp faster.
- You’ve worked for a startup before and are looking for a similar role. Or, you've founded a company and are looking to get back into it.
- You’ve been working as a professional Software Engineer for three or more years.
- You understand SaaS business fundamentals (e.g. annual contract value, customer acquisition cost, and annual-recurring revenue) and can demonstrate how the work you’ve done influences these metrics.
- Salary range: $136,000-$230,000 (This range incorporates multiple job levels)
- Equity range: 0.08%-0.23%
Beware of scam messages regarding fake positions here at Bonusly. We will
always reach out via email with an official email@example.com email address.