Founded by educators and technologists passionate about improving education,
Clever is on a mission to unlock new ways to learn for all students. Already
used by more than 75% of U.S. K-12 schools, Clever brings all applications
into one secure portal and provides single sign-on for everyone. With the
leading network of digital learning providers, Clever makes school more
engaging, personalized, and fun.
We're looking for talented engineers who want to help us build Clever into
something every school, student, and teacher relies on.
As an engineer on the District Integrations team at Clever, you’ll work on
Secure Sync: the core platform of Clever that helps connect the districts on
our platform to our learning application partners. We work with large volumes
of data that are integral to the success of Clever and education of students
in America and around the world. The Secure Sync product allows automatic
creation of accounts for students, teachers, and staff so that they can use
their applications on day one. The District Integrations team builds tools and
services to ingest school data into the Clever platform, overseeing multiple
integration channels and a data pipeline that handles millions of events each
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Collaborate with product management, design, and marketing teams to research, design, and code major new features and enhancements that go above and beyond just allowing districts to provide data via their Student Information System (SIS)
- Build resilient data pipelines that consistently and successfully sync data to Clever
- Develop and lead new features spanning fast and intuitive UIs, Microservices, and REST APIs to support the integration with Clever and the district's systems.
- Be an important part of Clever’s ecosystem of engineering excellence as we strive to create both the best possible customer experiences and top quality internal architecture across all of our products and initiatives
- Understand and prioritize the Clever engineering culture - see our blog post on Defining Clever’s Engineering Culture
- Work across the stack - Clever has a microservice container-based architecture and is hosted entirely on AWS. We use Go for backend services, with Node, TypeScript, and React for frontend services and DynamoDB, MongoDB, and S3 for databases and storage
To get a sense of what we're working on, check out our engineering
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Preferred experience but not required:
- Experience with full stack technologies like TypeScript, React, NodeJS, Go, REST APIs and micro services.
- Experience with AWS technologies and batch processing
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development and test automation
- Git, continuous integration and deployment tools
- Previous experience with MongoDB, SQL or ElasticSearch at high scale
- Architected systems to solve a variety of product and data needs
- Strong fundamentals in computer science and software engineering
- Value code simplicity, performance and maintainability
- The drive to learn and teach through collaboration and code reviews
- At Clever, we believe the classrooms we serve and our company’s halls should be spaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. That is why we are committed to building diverse teams, inviting every voice, and creating a safe space for everyone to be their authentic self. By fostering equity and belonging within our circles of influence, we unlock learning for ALL students.
CLEVER BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- A generous personal development yearly budget which can be used for courses, conferences, trainings, books, and more
- LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Annual company and team retreats to connect with fun, bright coworkers
The range of our base salary cash compensation for this role for candidates
living in the United States, besides NYC and San Francisco, CA, is between
135,000 - 160,000. For candidates living in NYC and San Francisco, CA is
between 148,500 - 176,000. All final offers are determined using multiple
factors including experience and level of expertise.
Clever does not conduct interviews via text or Telegram. We will never ask
for your financial information or reimbursement of equipment of any kind. If
you receive any communications regarding employment with Clever that you think
might be a scam, please email email@example.com.