Location: Manassas, VA
Employment Type: Part-Time
Team: Clinical Delivery
What We Do
Care Access is a unique, multi-specialty network of research sites which operates as one connected team of physician investigators, nurse coordinators, and operations managers. Our goal is to engage every healthcare professional in clinical research and to make clinical trials a care option for every patient. By removing this bottleneck, Care Access is helping accelerate the approval and delivery of critical and life-saving therapies.
Who We Are
We care. Our people are the engines behind our mission: to revolutionize access to clinical trials for the benefit of patients everywhere. We care for one another, find new ideas to accelerate medicine, and seed a long-term impact for generations.
The Research Assistant (RA) position delivers a strong customer experience for both sites and patients by providing virtual study support under the delegation of a PI. The RA is accountable for study delivery at the patient level and is expected to support the patient experience, data management, and other study administrative tasks with a quality-first approach. This is an early-to-mid experience position with the expectation that the RA has working knowledge of and experience in the clinical research industry. This role will perform a variety of administrative tasks in support of clinical trials and assist in the performance of clinical procedures to collect data on patients enrolled and/or seeking enrollment in clinical studies. This position is an onsite part time, hourly role with approximately 24 hours a week.
What You'll Be Working On
Duties include but not limited to:
· This position is for a part-time contractor who will work approximately 24 hours per week.
· Ability to understand and follow institutional SOPs.
· Recruit study patients by calling subjects from database and potential volunteers (phone, email, post, etc.) and document contact accordingly.
· Request medical records of potential and current research participants.
· Identify potential volunteers by reviewing medical records, study charts and subject database.
· Assist in maintaining online recruitment systems’ information.
· Assist in recruiting new volunteers via telephone and guide them through the study specific criteria, conducting phone screenings (outgoing and incoming) with potential study subjects.
· Schedule study visits with subjects, contact with reminders.
· Update the site’s EMR system as applicable.
· Review and comprehend active study protocols.
· Assist study coordinators with data entry in electronic case report forms.
· Perform clerical duties in preparation of regulatory documents, obtain signatures from required and appropriate personnel as requested.
· Assist with post-study activities as needed.
· Conducts follow-up and reminder telephone calls.
· Additional duties/responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Physical and Travel Requirements
· · This is an onsite position with less than 10% travel requirements. Occasional planned travel may be required as part of the role.
What You Bring
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Data extraction from source documents and assist CRC with query resolution
· Basic knowledge of clinical trials and medical terminology
· In-depth understanding of departmental, protocol, and study-specific procedures
· Proficiency in MS Windows and Office applications (Access, Outlook, Excel, Word)
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently.
· Adaptability to a fast-paced environment
· Familiarity with medical and research terminology
· Knowledge of federal regulations and Good Clinical Practices (GCP)
· Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
· Customer-centric personality with a positive attitude under pressure
· Contribution to team and site goals
· High level of self-motivation and energy
· Optimistic "can-do" attitude
· Willingness to work onsite
Certifications/Licenses, Education, and Experience:
· A minimum of 1-2 years clinical research experience.
· Clinical Research experience required.
· Requires: ability to work onsite in Manassas, VA
· Experience with Diabetes Mellitus type II, Obesity and/or Cardiovascular disease preferred.
· High school diploma or educational equivalent and 2 years’ relevant work experience in a clinical research environment; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Benefits (US Full-Time Employees Only)
● PTO/vacation days, sick days, holidays.
● 100% paid medical, dental, and vision Insurance. 75% for dependents.
● HSA plan
● Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life Insurance.
● Culture of growth and equality
● 401k retirement plan
Diversity & Inclusion
We serve patients and researchers from diverse cultures and communities around the world. We are stronger and better when we build a team representing the people we aim to support. We maintain an inclusive culture where people from a broad range of backgrounds feel valued and respected as they contribute to our mission. We value diversity and believe that unique contributions drive our success.
At Care Access, every day, we are advancing medical breakthroughs. We’re uniting standard patient care with cutting-edge treatments and research. Our work brings life-changing therapies to those in need and paves the way for newer and greater treatments to reach the world. We’re proud to advance these breakthroughs and work with the big players while engaging with the
physicians and caring for patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Care Access is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.