Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Project Management
This person is expected to be in our Philadelphia, PA office two times per week
How you will help
The Project Manager III is responsible for following the PMO project and process management standards and practices in planning and managing several business critical teams, multiple large projects and/or a large multi-project (team) program related to data/software and/or customer delivery. They define the scope of projects and processes, organize/prioritize tasks, track and report on the progres and ensure the quality of all artifacts, work products and deliverables. They effectively lead teams and facilitate the processes and ceremonies of the teams managing dependencies, issues, risks, action items, and cross-team communication. They will assist improving the PMO and the project management practice at HealthVerity.
What you will do
• Leads several business critical teams, multiple large projects, and/or a large multi-project (team) program.
• Manages enterprise processes and managing strategic end to end business flows.
• Leads critical PMO processes and workflows that support the business.
• Identifies issues/risks and implement mitigation/resolution plans.
• Works independently managing cross-team process and project deliverables to insure their successful competition utilizing critical path, alternate scenario, and remediation/mitigation techniques.
• Leads both hybrid team meetings and agile ceremonies. Hybrid - requirement gathering, problem solving, prioritization, status, customer- facing, stage-gate reviews, and post implementation reviews. Agile - backlog grooming, sprint planning, daily scrum standup, sprint review, and retrospective.
• Maintains consistency and compliance to the standards of the PMO and actively works with other PMs to improve those standards.
• Prioritizes work efforts on projects and for teams. Defines/refines the scope of work, estimates effort and cost, further defines deliverables, and maintains all artifacts.
• Determines resource requirements , and is able to recommend the necessary roles based on a staffing estimate and schedule.
• Efficiently assigns tasks and provides direction to team members including the identification, scheduling, assignment, and tracking of the tasks. Ensures that all team members understand their role, expected deliverables, and task completion dates. Proactively resolves dependencies and constraints with other work efforts and activities.
• Monitors project milestones , critical dates, and dependencies to identify potential issues that could jeopardize the project schedule. Implements strategies to resolve schedule issues. Keeps all levels of leadership aware of the major risks and issues. Proactively manages to mitigate or resolve any negative effects on milestones and deliverables.
• Assesses variances from the plan and reports major variances to all stakeholders with an appropriate action plan. Follows all escalation processes to ensure key decision makers and stakeholders are informed. Analyzes them and implements schedule, resource, or scope changes to ensure that the project remains within specified scope, schedule, and budget.
• Reports status in multiple formats to leadership and to all stakeholders on the progress of the work/project on a regular basis. Solicited feedback from stakeholders to present information in the most effective manner within the guidelines of the PMO.
• Initiates and manages sub-projects to implement related/dependant components and/or process improvements.
• Develops team members by providing constructive feedback as it pertains to their performance in completing assignments. Works with the team to integrate areas of overall improvement into the process/project life cycle.
• Develops and enhances productive working relationships with core team members, leadership, SMEs, vendors, and customers.
• Establish the foundation for a culture of accountability, responsiveness, flexibility and results.
• Initiates positive change implementing practice and process (business & project) upgrades.
• Leads and/or participates in other team, project, and PMO assignments as necessary.
Required skills and experience
• 5+ years of practical experience in software project and process management, 7+ years of technical leadership
• Demonstrates a skilled knowledge and experience managing throughout the project and process life cycles including planning (work plan, milestones, effort), progress management, work estimation, task management, process upgrades, team development, risk, issue, and change management
• Experienced practitioner of project and process management methodology, tools (MS Project, Smart Sheets, Jira, Confluence), and technics (Waterfall, Iterative, Agile, Kanban) assists in creating and utilizes standard artifacts and processes
• Expert in leading both hybrid and agile teams including all meeting types and ceremonies
• Experience managing several medium-sized or multiple large complex software or customer delivery projects and/or large multi-team programs
• Works independently managing process and project deliverables cross-team to ensure successful competition utilizing critical path, alternate scenario and remediation/mitigation techniques
• Demonstrated strong problem solving, risk assessment and negotiation skills with experience in managing dependencies
• Track record of implementing practice and process (business & project) upgrades
• Bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrable commitment towards successfully completing a project management curriculum and a Project Management Professional certification
• Additional certifications such as Scrum Master (PSM or CSM) or Six Sigma a plus
Base salary for the role is commensurate with experience and can range between 65,000 - 155,000 + annual bonus opportunity.
Our strong preference is to hire team members in the Philadelphia area whenever possible. Expansion beyond Philadelphia will occur when necessary with travel to our Philadelphia headquarters as required. Remote work is supported from our key hub locations listed below as well as approved states in the Eastern Time Zone.
• Boston, Massachusetts
• New York City, New York
• Baltimore, Maryland
• Washington D.C
• Charlotte, North Carolina
• Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
• Atlanta, Georgia
Approved States in the Eastern Time Zone: CT, DE, FL, GA, IN, MA, MD, MI NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, TN, and VA.
HealthVerity synchronizes transformational technologies with the nation’s largest healthcare and consumer data ecosystem to power previously unattainable outcomes and fundamentally advance the science. We offer a comprehensive, yet flexible approach, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange (IPGE), that synchronizes unparalleled Identity management with built-in Privacy compliance and Governance, providing the ability to discover and Exchange a near limitless combination of data at a record pace. Together with our partners in life sciences, government and insurance, we are Synchronizing the Science. To learn more about HealthVerity, visit healthverity.com.
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non- commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia. We offer both hybrid roles and those with quarterly travel.
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal- and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. All qualified job applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Remote opportunities are not available in all areas and require team members to work from a fixed location due to tax and labor law implications - specific questions about remote positions can be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.