Founded by educators and technologists passionate about improving education,
Clever is on a mission to unlock new ways to learn for all students. Already
used by more than 75% of U.S. K-12 schools, Clever brings all applications
into one secure portal and provides single sign-on for everyone. With the
leading network of digital learning providers, Clever makes school more
engaging, personalized, and fun.
We're looking for talented engineers who want to help us build Clever into
something every school, student, and teacher relies on.
As an engineer on the User Management team at Clever, you’ll work on the
Identity Management platform of Clever that helps provision, maintain, and
sync user accounts with every school district using Clever. The User
Management team builds connections between Clever and third-party identity
providers, like Google and Microsoft, allowing students and teachers to log in
with their school accounts.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Collaborate with product management, design, and marketing teams to research, design, and code major new features and enhancements that will best engage, educate, and delight educators
- Develop and lead new features spanning fast and intuitive UIs, Go Microservices, and rest APIs to give districts control over how their data is synchronized with Clever.
- Be an important part of Clever’s ecosystem of engineering excellence as we strive to create both the best possible customer experiences and top quality internal architecture across all of our products and initiatives
- Understand and prioritize the Clever engineering culture - see our blog post on Defining Clever’s Engineering Culture
- Stay close to our users. We have engineers joining user interviews and we love working with our group of early adopters in getting feedback and refining our new products.
- Aspire to grow every day. From junior to very senior engineers, we learn from each other and explore and adopt new technologies, architectures and processes when it makes sense.
- Build a world-class platform. We take reliability seriously with 99.98%+ uptime for critical services.
- Constantly innovate, have launched brand-new products every school year and have many ideas for more.
- Work across the full stack with ownership of the end-to-end experience for our users. We write frontend code in Node.js, TypeScript, and React and use Go for backend. We also use MongoDB, Postgres, DynamoDB, and many AWS services (AWS Glue, ECS, Step Functions, etc).
To get a sense of what we're working on, check out our engineering
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 4+ years of experience as a full-stack Software Engineer
- Experience with full stack technologies like TypeScript, React, NodeJS, Go, REST APIs and micro services.
- Experience with AWS technologies including DynamoDB, ECS, Step Functions, and SQS
- Experience with generating and automating unit and end-to-end tests
- Git, continuous integration, and deployment tools
- Experience optimizing Front End performance
- Experience leading medium to large projects and collaborating with engineers, designers, and other cross-team stakeholders to create meaningful impact
- Experience with design and architecture of end-to-end systems to solve a variety of product and data needs
- Ability to perform in-depth analysis on complex problems across the stack in order to find root cause and performance deficiencies
- An appreciation of code simplicity, performance and maintainability
- The drive to learn and teach through collaboration and code reviews
- Commitment to equity and belonging: Clever believes that the classrooms we serve and our company’s halls should be spaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We seek opportunities and celebrate actions that further allow us to build diverse teams, include every voice, and create a safe space for everyone to bring their authentic selves into the workplace. Outside of our walls, we use our collective influence, passionate work, and community involvement to unlock learning for ALL students.
CLEVER BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- A generous personal development yearly budget which can be used for courses, conferences, trainings, books, and more
- LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Annual company and team retreats to connect with fun, bright coworkers
The range of our base salary cash compensation for this role for candidates
living in the United States, besides NYC and San Francisco, CA, is between
161,500 - 190,000. For candidates living in NYC and San Francisco, CA is
between 177,700 - 209,000. All final offers are determined using multiple
factors including experience and level of expertise.
Clever does not conduct interviews via text or Telegram. We will never ask
for your financial information or reimbursement of equipment of any kind. If
you receive any communications regarding employment with Clever that you think
might be a scam, please email email@example.com.