Employment Type: Full-Time
Curai Health is an AI-powered virtual clinic on a mission to improve access to care at scale. As the pioneer in deploying machine learning into clinical workflows, Curai Health enables its dedicated, specially trained clinicians to deliver primary care to more people at a fraction of the cost. Easy-to-use and convenient, Curai Health partners with insurers and health systems to keep patients engaged in their care over time, improving health outcomes and reducing costs.
Our company is remote-first and we consider candidates across the United States. Our corporate office is located in San Francisco.
Product Management at Curai
At Curai, we organize our product development efforts by “pods.” A pod is a vertically integrated and cross-functional team, led by a product manager, that is responsible for product success in a given area.
We are hiring a Senior Product Manager to lead our Patient Communication pod. Composed of members of the AI, design, engineering, and operations teams, the pod is responsible for delivering an exceptional experience to our patients as they communicate with their care team through a number of channels.
You’ll be working on product experiences at the cutting edge of AI-enabled healthcare, focusing on AI-driven engagement agents, clinician interactions (both real-time and asynchronous), multimodal and multichannel communication, and UI/UX development for these conversations.
Who You Are
None of these individually are hard requirements but they do describe the type of folks that we think would be most effective and happy at Curai. You…
• Are a curious and quick learner, ready to dive into our AI stack and stay current with the latest products & technologies in both the AI and healthcare domains
• Are a self-starting doer who is optimistic and resilient and can work in a sometimes ambiguous environment
• Are a clarity creator, especially in group dynamics
• Have a feel for and obsession with polished product experiences
• Are willing and able to be the resident expert on your product area, deriving and updating insights from metrics, user research, chat reviews, etc
• Are okay making decisions based on sparse data, fuzzy insights, or qualitative outcomes. Conversation is hard to quantify!
• (but also!) Are quantitative and believe in the power of striving to define crisp, even when difficult. You should have exceptional judgment
• Thrive as a collaborative leader, knowing that you’ll interface with every functional group in the company as a leader for the pod
What You’ll Do
A week in the life of this Product Manager includes…
Acting as the directly responsible individual (DRI) for projects in the pod
• Defining requirements and building alignment for upcoming projects
• Collaborating with engineering management to support ongoing projects
• Assessing and integrating the learnings gathered from past product launches
Acting as the directly responsible individual (DRI) for the pod’s roadmap
• Thinking time spent without distraction to define the future. You are expected to bring transformational ideas to the table
• Interfacing with the Growth team to understand the voice of the customer
• Maintaining the future roadmap to reflect changing plans and priorities
Deepening your mastery as the expert on Curai’s patient communications product
• Ensuring that you know every nook, cranny, and skeleton in the closet of product behavior in this area
• Gathering new user insights through weekly chat and customer satisfaction reviews and periodic user research
• Staying current on KPI’s and seeking out the answers to the WHY that underlies metrics changes
• Developing deep understanding of each team’s challenges in advancing the pod’s goals (design, eng, AI)
Collaboration with colleagues
• Leading pod meetings, communicating vision and plans, and sensing where extra alignment is needed
• Time spent with the AI team to understand their latest initiatives and maintain tight alignment
• Time spent with clinical leadership to ensure that the product is effectively operationalizing our clinical protocols, goals, and programs
• Time spent with the rest of the product team, ensuring that the pods stay in sync, learnings are shared, and that we foster a supportive team environment
• 1:1’s with your manager and closest peer collaborators in the pod (likely the designer and tech lead)
What You’ll Need
• 5+ years of consumer-facing product management experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience delivering AI-enabled products and the ability to describe your involvement clearly
• Demonstrated history of translating product data/insights into actionable plans that delivered measurable impact
• A tuned and demonstrable sense for what excellent product experience feels like
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Enough engineering understanding to be able to appropriately assess technical tradeoffs with an engineering peer
• Enough data science understanding to help define metrics and interpret analyses from the data science team
• Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Nice to have
• Experience working with generative AI
• Healthcare industry experience
• IC work experience in a related adjacent function (design, engineering, AI)
What We Offer
• Culture: Mission driven talent with great colleagues committed to living our values, collaborating and driving performance
• Pay: Competitive compensation and stock
• Wellness: Unlimited PTO, flexible working hours and remote working options
• Benefits: Excellent medical, dental, vision, flex spending plans, and paid parental leave
• Financial: 401k plan with employer matching
The annual base salary range for this position is between $150,000 and $215,000 annually. Stock grants also play a key part in any offer, they increase your overall compensation package significantly based on company success. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on qualifications, skill level, competencies, and work location.
Curai Health is a startup with a small, but world-class team from high-tech companies, AI researchers, and practicing physicians, to team members from non-traditional career paths and backgrounds. We also have research partnerships with leading universities across the country and access to medical data that facilitates research in this space. We are a highly collaborative, data-driven team, focused on delivering our mission with funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors including Morningside, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
At Curai Health, we are highly committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment. In keeping with our beliefs and values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. To promote an equitable and bias-free workplace, we set competitive compensation packages for each position and do not negotiate on our offers. We are looking for mission-driven teammates, who embody our core values, and appreciate our transparent approach.