These are exciting times for developing 3D real-time geospatial visual
systems. Numerous problems must be addressed covering interoperability,
standards, asset management, model transfer across applications, architectural
trade-offs between cloud, edge, and end-user platforms, and what activities
will capture the interest of participants and economic value for technology
providers. Cesium is already a major player in this arena with its 3D
geospatial tiles and open interoperability standards.
Our research team, led by 2021 SIGGRAPH Academy inductee Dr. Norm Badler, has
identified new areas that utilize the 3D Tiles spatial data structure to
prescribe animatable 3D content for digital twins.
Cesium is seeking applications for a research internship position beginning
summer 2024 to work toward this goal.
What you’ll do:
- Develop smooth workflows for turning 2D maps into 3D assets
- Techniques may include semi-automated building generation, navigation meshes, and terrain features. The created models should initialize suitable spatio-temporal semantic labels and integrate with appropriate software within the Cesium ecosystem such as Omniverse, Unreal Engine, and Unity
- Collaborate with industry-leading partners
What we're looking for:
- Demonstrated experience in 3D graphics, animation, modeling, procedural generation, and navigation meshes is desirable
- Experience using existing machine learning and image segmentation tools is a plus
- An interest in historical or cultural preservation will be valuable
- MS or PhD candidate in Computer Science preferred. Top BS students considered
- Learning opportunities including workshops and Kindle or Audible credits
- Frequent team social events
- Old city office just steps from public transit
- Free lunch, snacks, and drinks at the office Cesium offers
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Commuter benefit for public transit and parking
Cesium was awarded
- 2020 Technology Startup Enterprise Award by the Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies (PACT)
- 2020 Startup of the Year in the Geospatial World Awards by Geospatial Media and Communications
- One of Philadelphia's Best Places to Work in Tech 2020 by Tech in Motion
- 2023 EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award
This role is based out of our headquarters in Philadelphia, PA.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite candidates from all different
backgrounds to bring their unique perspective to Cesium.