Location: Minneapolis, MN
Employment Type: Full Time
Hi, we’re Gravie. We improve the way employers offer health benefits and provide employees coverage they can actually use. And we’re looking for a **Product Director of Comfort Plans. **
At Gravie, we’re building the health plan of the future. For the past few decades, the health insurance industry has evolved to serve the needs of employers, insurance companies, brokers, and (sometimes) doctors and hospitals. The needs of the consumer, however, have largely been left out of the equation. We’re changing that. We are rebuilding the entire health insurance stack, with the consumer as the central focus. Our goal is to create a health plan that people can love.
A Little More About Us:
• We know healthcare. Our company was founded and is still led by industry veterans who have started and grown several market-leading companies in the space.
• We are quickly becoming one of the fastest growing health benefits companies in the country. We have received numerous awards and accolades, including Inc. Magazine Best in Business Gold Medal award in 2021, and JMP Securities Top 50 Private Companies in Insurtech in 2022.
• We have raised money from top tier investors who share the same long-term vision as we do of building an industry defining company that will endure over the long run. We are well capitalized.
• Our customers like us. Our revenue churn is in the low single digits, in an industry where greater than 20% churn is common
• Our culture is unique. We tend to be non-hierarchical, merit-driven, opinionated but kind people who thrive working in a high-performance, fast- paced environment. People at Gravie care deeply about making a positive impact in the lives of the people we serve. We may not be the right place for everybody, but if you get energized by doing work every day that focuses on putting consumers at the front of the line, we could be a great place for you. It takes unique people and diverse perspectives to deliver our results. We encourage you to be your authentic self – we like you that way.
A little more about the role:
Gravie is growing! In this newly created role, the Product Director of Comfort Plans will set the product strategy and bring it to life, creating products (digital products + offline experiences) that our customers will love. You’ll own our Comfort Plan products and experiences that include member app and portal, member plan selection, enrollment, and onboarding experience, new digital tools for members, member communications and engagement tools, payment products, and partner experiences like our pharmacy benefit. You will also manage the product manager that oversees our clinical capabilities, partnerships, and experiences for Comfort members. These products include a mix of third-party and homegrown products. You will partner closely with Technical Product Managers, UX/UI, and Engineering to deliver on this remit.
You’ll also play a role in establishing the Product function at Gravie, bringing the product management process to life, identifying, and championing the practices that bring customer-centric thinking, predictability, and repeatability throughout product development. You’ll bring a strong mix of strategic thinking, product management fundamentals, research, experimentation, and analytical skills to this role.
• Identify and analyze market trends, user needs, and competitive landscape to create a product strategy that will meet and exceed the needs of our customers.
• Deeply understand our customers, backed by data.
• Have a strong understanding of the business, including revenue and profitability and how it impacts the products we build, launch, and maintain.
• Create the product strategy for our Comfort plans. Get buy-in from key partner teams, and the Leadership Team.
• Define the product roadmap and prioritize features based on value and feasibility for Comfort plans.
• Document product requirements using the business requirements document format.
• Coordinate with EPMO, TPMs, CX, UX/UI, Engineering, Operations, and other stakeholders to ensure the product meets user expectations and business objectives.
• Lead go-to-market strategies and coordinate with Marketing, Sales, Gravie Care, and Account Management teams
• Coach, manage, and mentor a small team.
**You bring: **
• 10+ years of experience working in a product role with strategy and development experience.
• High ownership with agency and a strong bias for action to create the change you wish to see.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work with peers, stakeholders, and leaders.
• Strong technical leadership, project management, creative problem solving, business analysis, and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience managing both third-party and homegrown products.
• Experience developing consumer-facing products.
• Strong understanding of the US healthcare ecosystem and payer role and responsibilities, including regulatory environment.
• Passion for improving healthcare.
• Flexible mindset – we are a growing company, and you need to be able to shift based on the needs of the business.
• Empathy – you’re able to put yourself in the members’ shoes.
• A ‘get things done’ attitude even if it’s not been done before. You are scrappy and resourceful.
Competitive pay is standard. Our unique benefits program is the gravy, i.e., the special sauce that sets our compensation package apart. In addition to standard benefits, Gravie’s package includes alternative medicine coverage, flexible PTO, up to 16 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, cell phone reimbursement, education reimbursement, and 1 week of paid paw-ternity leave just to name a few.