Founded by educators and technologists passionate about improving education,
Clever is on a mission to unlock new ways to learn for all students. Already
used by more than 75% of U.S. K-12 schools, Clever brings all applications
into one secure portal and provides single sign-on for everyone. With the
leading network of digital learning providers, Clever makes school more
engaging, personalized, and fun.
We are looking for Customer Support Representatives to help us deliver
outstanding customer experience for our school district and application
partners through fast, friendly, and personalized technical support. If you’re
interested in connecting with customers via email and phone calls, growing
knowledge of the EdTech industry and Clever’s product, and creatively solving
technical issues, this is a great opportunity to do all that while connecting
every student to a world of learning. We have a highly collaborative and
supportive team. We invest in our people. We have a robust 3-week onboarding
program and then you’ll be in our Quality Assurance program for ongoing
development. We want to make you successful, and have structures in place to
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Independently manage and prioritize high seasonal volume of customer support requests via phone and email from your individual queue (handle around 40+ phone and email cases a day).
- Communicate with District Administrators and our Application Partners to resolve product related issues as our customers are getting their Clever accounts ready for the new school year.
- Utilize analytical and problem solving skills to investigate, test, and troubleshoot system features.
- Navigate and contribute to internal and external product documentation.
- Collaborate and support the team by sharing ideas and knowledge, being a reliable team member, and willing to help others when needed.
Interested to learn more? Check out our blog post on [A Day in the Life at
Clever for a Customer Solutions
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience in fast-paced customer-facing positions: you have worked email or phone support before and can independently assess, manage and prioritize support requests based on need (i.e priority levels, deadline) and risk.
- Passion for solving technical problems to help others: you work deeply to understand customers' perspectives to assess their needs and define technical solutions to help them achieve their goals..
- Comfort navigating ambiguity: you may encounter problems or situations that we have not seen before – you are comfortable with partnering with the customer to find a solution and document learnings.
- Excellent communication skills: you can explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences and can communicate and empathize with stakeholders to drive issues to resolution.
- Technical Prowess: you pick up new technology quickly and love learning how things work.
- Team player: you are passionate about uplifting and collaborating with others to ensure the team and customers are successful.
- Interest in education: you believe in Clever’s mission of making it easy to bring great software to the classroom.
- Experience handling issues related to data imports and integrations
- Experience working with Single Sign On (SSO) or have a basic understanding of SSO
- Experience working with or in K-12 schools or districts
- Experience with industry tools such as Salesforce, Slack, Guru, Confluence, Sigma, etc
- Ability to work during one of the following shifts (Monday - Friday):
- **7am - 3:30pm ET **
- **7am - 3:30pm PT **
- **9am - 5:30pm ET **
- **9am - 5:30pm PT **
- Ability to work overtime: during mid-August through mid-September, it is expected to work up to 2-4 hours of overtime a day (overtime paid at 1.5x hourly rate).
- Commitment to equity and belonging: at Clever, we believe the classrooms we serve and our company’s halls should be spaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. That is why we are committed to building diverse teams, inviting every voice, and creating a safe space for everyone to be their authentic self. By fostering equity and belonging within our circles of influence, we unlock learning for ALL students.
Compensation for this role for candidates living in the United States, besides
NYC and San Francisco, CA, is $25 per hour. For candidates living in NYC
and San Francisco, CA is $28 per hour.
Clever does not conduct interviews via text or Telegram. We will never ask
for your financial information or reimbursement of equipment of any kind. If
you receive any communications regarding employment with Clever that you think
might be a scam, please email email@example.com.