About the job
Are you ready to join a talented group of rock stars, passionate about driving
leads, making the OneCause brand shine, and leading the industry in nonprofit
Welcome to the Marketing Team! We're committed to engaging and inspiring
#FearlessFundraisers to help cause-driven organizations discover new ways to
raise more, reach more, and do more. We help promote and live out our brand
promise to build a better tomorrow.
OneCause provides award-winning event and online fundraising software to help
nonprofits raise more for their missions and grow their donor base. We've
helped nonprofits raise over $6 Billion for good since we started on our
OneCause has established itself as the leading brand in our space. We
differentiate through our strong thought leadership and impeccable brand
recognition. Your job will be to keep this going and take it to the Next
As our Senior Director of Content Marketing and Brand Engagement, you will be
a key leader in driving brand awareness and organic growth through epic
storytelling, thought leadership, and content creation that educates and
inspires fearless fundraisers across the industry.
- Define and execute a content marketing roadmap and strategy that communicates the brand vision, champions the OneCause community, grows thought leadership, and drives engagement throughout the overall funnel.
- Collaborate across functional areas to align strategic content needs and ensure content is being amplified across all channels.
- Brainstorm, ideate, and execute creative content, ensuring we evolve the brand in new and interesting ways with an emphasis on emerging trends and best practices.
- Partner with growth and product marketing to develop content that is aligned with product strategy, engaging, and informative.
- Ensure all content is optimized for SEO and resonates with our target audience.
- Instill an effective, customer-informed voice across channels and platforms; collaborating cross functionally with Product, Customer Success, and Sales to understand behavioral patterns and motivators, ensuring content deeply aligns with target audiences and buyer personas.
Core Concentration Areas:
Thought Leadership & Brand
- Lead content production to evangelize the brand and increase awareness.
- Support research and develop thought leadership positions and industry content.
- Guide the overall brand architecture, brand voice, and brand standards.
- Conduct speaking engagements and formulate external conference content, as needed.
- Increase traffic and brand awareness by leading SEO content efforts and plans.
- Oversee webinars to elevate the OneCause profile and drive marketing funnel activity.
- Create and manage new media offerings to increase brand awareness (Videos, podcasts, test drives).
- Develop and cultivate relationships with industry experts, nonprofit thought leaders, and partners to expand the OneCause ecosystem.
Targeted Content & Engagement
- Lead and execute the quarterly content plan and calendar across teams.
- Lead multi-channel campaigns across Marketing team to drive revenue and increase retention.
- Manage marketing team and resources to deliver full funnel content, execute on plans, and achieve objectives.
- Oversee the company's social media profiles and presence.
- Formulate new strategies to increase social discussion and reach new audiences.
- Manage the strategy and execution of prospect, customer, and partner marketing to grow ROI.
- Conduct research and regularly benchmark competitor and industry content to bring innovation and ideas to team.
- Help lead Raise brand, conference strategy, and growth plans amongst key stakeholders.
- Oversee Raise creative and promotional plans/communications (emails, video, social, partners).
- Lead content curation from start to finish (speaker submissions, interviews, selection).
- Design the conference programming, offerings, and annual Raise core content.
- Manage the Raise Sponsor efforts annually to reach revenue goals.
- Research and select keynotes and emcees to elevate the Raise reach and brand.
- Ensure Raise project timeline, tasks, and activities are delivered on time and on budget.
Leadership and Team Development
- Attract, retain, and develop a high-performing team of creative marketing professionals.
- Manage team to achieve Marketing objectives, reach company goals, and optimize overall performance.
- Model leadership that promotes trust and empowers people and projects to reach their highest potential.
- Ensure team priorities and resources are focused on driving results and achieving company-wide objectives.
- Focus on team development by sharing expertise, connecting people to new ideas and strategies, and constantly seeking to improve self and Marketing team.
Bonus Points if you:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience. MBA preferred.
- 12+ years of experience and a proven track record of delivering quality content and brand engagement strategies.
- Experience leading and managing fast-paced teams, including remote and virtual employees.
- Demonstrated success in developing content, and social strategies, and supporting plans with clear goals and metrics.
- Excited about proactively coming up with and implementing ideas (big and small) that will help grow our brand and audience.
- Experience creating and developing content for a variety of digital marketing channels.
- Comfortable with both big-picture strategy and in-the-weeds execution.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Communicates to inspire and models positivity in day-to-day interactions.
- Thrives working in a rapidly changing environment that requires multi-tasking and managing competing priorities.
- Always in a growth mindset, focused on making things better to achieve the best results.
- A team player with the ability to work with others, comfortable with adaptability, and a commitment to keeping a level of transparency throughout the process.
- A positive, can-do attitude, comfortable working in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment.
- Brings a daily passion for your work that is infectious and motivating to those around you.
OneCause is an equal opportunity employer and hires equally for culture fit
and technical skills and experience. We value diversity at our company. If you
have the aptitude and attitude, we can help you grow your career through
training, mentoring, increasing responsibility, and being around other rock
star team members. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.