Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for
homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For
most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a
qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations
(or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for
everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to
financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K
service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they
live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking
on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing
place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
We are looking for a Software Developer with 4+ years of experience to join
our growing team! In this role, you'll take on the rewarding challenge of not
just writing clean, efficient code, but also nurturing it through testing,
documentation, and clear communication. It's a chance to truly own your work
and contribute to a team where learning and growth are part of the daily
routine, all within a supportive environment that values collaboration and
personal development. Our software is currently written with Java, Ruby, Scala
or fully remote.
As a Software Engineer:
- You will foster a collaborative environment for you and your teammates to deliver high-quality, reliable, and well-tested features to ensure our customers and professionals enjoy the best possible experience with our product.
- Collaborating with professionals across the organization to gain a shared understanding of the initiative, you will analyze requirements and propose solutions that meet product and business needs while balancing time and cost.
- You'll write, modify and review clean, maintainable code and implement features to enhance our application's performance and scalability. You'll engage actively in code sprints and agile processes, contributing to all development lifecycle phases. As you go, you'll create or modify a suite of tests to exercise the initiative’s functionality in an automated manner.
- You're an owner - you're responsible for operating what you and your teammates built in production. You'll ensure that the code meets performance, reliability, quality, security, and testability standards.
- Your voice matters - you'll actively participate and lead discussions in team and project meetings to ensure we're solving the right problems, designing systems in a scalable way, and delivering products that help customers love where they live & pros build their businesses.
Who you are:
- You have at least 4 years of hands-on development experience, ideally in a tech or marketplace environment
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science or related STEM field
- You have experience in developing enterprise-level features with an emphasis on functional programming, ideally in Java, Scala, or Ruby on Rails
- You understand how to use code versioning tools, such as Git
- You're an exceptional communicator & can work with and effectively collaborate across multiple technical and non-technical teams
- Familiarity with microservices and creating RESTful APIs
- Understanding of React.js and Redux and their core principles
- Experience with ElasticSearch and Kafka
- Experience working with application monitoring tools such as New Relic
- Experienced with application monitoring strategies and Tools (New Relic, etc)
- Experience with containerization tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience working with less experienced engineers, providing them with coaching and mentorship to help them become better engineers
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills and technologies
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $110,000-175,000, commensurate with experience and performance.
- Full medical, dental, vision package and a retirement plan to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world