The Business Development Associate will be based in Hong Kong and will be
responsible for supporting the BD head of Greater China and Southeast Asia to
prospect for new business, communicate with existing clients and consultants,
manage pipelines and key strategic initiatives, collaborate with marketing
team to prepare meeting materials, and understand the goals and focus of the
team and the Firm overall.
The individual must have passion for and knowledge of the financial markets;
strong prospecting skills, excellent communication skills; experience with
alternatives investments (private equity, hedge funds, real estate,
infrastructure); and experience working with institutional clients.
The individual in this role will be involved in the following critical
- Support the BD regional head to further establish GCM Grosvenor in the Asian alternative’s investment market, building on the firm’s existing foundations and utilizing the firm's strong product set, performance, and ability to raise assets from new and existing clients, and manage relationships with clients, with a particular emphasis on complex individual client solutions.
- Build and cultivate prospect and consultant relationships independently.
- Partner with other units in the firm, particularly the investments, marketing and investor relations teams, to understand investment activity and performance, in order to ensure that clients are well- informed and knowledgeable about the assets they have entrusted to the firm. Represent the firm’s portfolio managers in meetings with, and presentations to, prospective clients.
- Stay abreast of current trends and investment strategies; build and maintain a broad understanding of GCM Grosvenor’s product offerings, investment process and philosophy.
- Manage the preparation of client communications, including presentations and written commentaries, as well as meeting notes and follow-ups.
GENERAL EDUCATION, SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The individual in this position should have experience working in the
financial industry. The ideal experience and critical competencies for the
role include the following:
- 3-5 years of experience in the Financial Services Industry is required, preferably with a particular focus on alternative investments.
- Well-developed listening skills and the ability to engage in dialogue with investment and finance professionals, as well as with clients.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with high energy and passion.
- Personal alignment, understanding and appreciation of GCM Grosvenor’s process, philosophy and business strategy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills with acute attention to detail.
- Proven track record of successfully managing complex projects from inception to completion.
- Demonstrated team player, self-starter, and independent thinker.
- High energy level with flexibility to work long hours at times to accommodate client needs.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task, work under tight deadlines, and balance priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with peers, management, and clients.
- Ability to work independently with a positive attitude and a high level of discretion.
- Ability to travel.
- Native in Chinese or any Southeast Asian languages is preferred.
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and
be energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart, fast-paced and
successful colleagues. He or she will enjoy being a part of an organization
focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative individual who
enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, he or she
will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to take
initiative with discretion and judgment.
ABOUT THE FIRM
GCM Grosvenor (Nasdaq: GCMG) is a global alternative asset management
solutions provider with approximately $76 billion in assets under management
across private equity, infrastructure, real estate, credit, and absolute
return investment strategies.
The firm has specialized in alternatives for more than 50 years and has a
diverse, engaged team of approximately 530 professionals serving a global
client base. We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits
package focused on health and wellness, retirement planning, and diversity and
inclusion. The firm is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York,
Toronto, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Seoul, and Sydney. For more
information, visit: gcmgrosvenor.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V