Location: Atlanta, GA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Area-I Flight Systems
Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta based company dedicated to the
development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for use by
the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of unmanned
aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch systems.
These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers,
where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique solutions to the
customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army,
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Flight Test Engineering team at Area-I works across the entire spectrum of
UAS products and related technology. Our team conducts full system-level
development testing, mothership integration, new production acceptance
testing, sub-component qualification testing, and much more. If you are
interested in working in an extremely innovative and fast-paced environment,
where your work directly makes an impact and difference in the products that
are fielded, this is a fantastic opportunity.
- A bachelor's degree or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Previous expertise and working knowledge of the National Airspace System and UAS operating rules and regulations thereof.
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and expanding knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Strong computer and documentation experience.
- Must have effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more engineering areas.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to obtain and hold U.S. Secret-Level or greater Security Clearance.
- B.S in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, or related background
- Experience working with the Department of Defense (DoD)
- Experience as a test conductor, test director, test pilot/navigator or similar
- Component level qualification experience
- FAA Part 107 qualification
- Prior experience with small UAS
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from
all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems
that matter, we’d love to hear from you!