Location: Atlanta, GA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Area-I Software
Area-I, Inc., An Anduril Company, is a Metro-Atlanta based company dedicated
to the development of state-of-the-art unmanned aircraft systems designed for
use by the United States Armed Forces. We specialize in the development of
unmanned aircraft systems that eject from host platforms or modular launch
systems. These platforms are designed to meet the specific needs of our
customers, where we design, build, test, and ultimately deliver unique
solutions to the customer. Area-I’s customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S.
Navy, U.S. Army, and NASA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Android Developer is responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and
maintaining internal developed User Interfaces (UIs) and applications.
Primarily these UIs will be used in a tactically relevant environment by
Area-I’s DoD customers. You will meet with senior engineers at Area-I
regularly to ensure the UI meets all user requirements.
- Proficient in Java
- Ability to build an intuitive User Interface (UI) including:
- Ability to identify and capture requirements
- Generate design prototypes
- Produce robust and testable software
- Knowledge of modern software engineering practices, including Agile methodologies
- Experience with using Git version control
- B.S degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with the following:
- Familiarity with ATAK, TAK Server, and WinTAK
- Knowledge of tactical and simulation data links and protocols (DIS, VMF, STANAG 4586, and XML).
- Coding in C++/C#
- Working with Microsoft Visual Studio 2017/2019
- Creating user-friendly unmanned aerial vehicle command and control interfaces
- Maintaining and improving current UI plugins
- Supporting customer and internal APIs
- Designing mobile-based features
- Collaborating with back-end developers to improve usability
- Getting feedback as well as building solutions for users (operators and customers)
- Writing functional requirement documents and guides
- Creating quality mockups and prototypes
- Ensuring high-quality graphic standards and brand consistency
Area-I is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from
all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems
that matter, we’d love to hear from you!