Location: Washington, DC or Costa Mesa, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Anduril is a defense technology company bringing Silicon Valley talent and
funding to the defense sector, enabling our customers to make more informed
decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of
experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics,
and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to
radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you
are passionate about solving problems that have a real impact, come join
Anduril and build the future of defense.
Anduril’s Legal team seeks an Associate General Counsel with a focus on the
full spectrum of United States government contracts issues. This includes
everything from providing legal oversight to proposals and procurement, giving
legal guidance to existing business areas, to crafting legal and business
strategies. The Legal Team partners closely with customers, outside counsel,
and business partners across the organization to support business development
and day-to-day legal operations.
Anduril is a fast-growing company at the early stages of growth. Consistent
with this fast growth, members of Anduril’s Legal team must be resourceful,
creative, and eager to take ownership of complex matters. The Associate
General Counsel role will require creativity and resourcefulness to navigate
the US government’s complex procurement and compliance rules, with a singular
focus on helping Anduril deploy its path-making technology into operational
settings for the United States and its allies. In addition to helping capture
and execute new government deals, you will work on all other aspects of
Anduril’s business, from negotiating license and services agreements, to bid
protests and litigation, to handling intellectual property, compliance, and
employment matters. Experience across all of these areas is not expected, but
a willingness to learn and adapt is.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be a key member of Anduril’s small, dynamic Legal team.
- Take responsibility for significant, material projects, which will have a significant impact on the company’s business.
- Drive customer growth by executing new government contracts and growing existing ones. Use your expertise in federal procurement law to help the Business Development, Proposal, and Engineering teams efficiently capture new contracts, grow existing contracts, and set up follow-on opportunities for future contracts. Assist in the strategy development for new business.
- Manage relationships with procurement office representatives at government agencies. High-trust professional relationships with government contracting and procurement offices are critical to Anduril’s continued success, and you will be called upon to develop and foster these relationships throughout your tenure.
- Provide legal counsel and day-to-day management of the entire acquisitions lifecycle. Oversee and evaluate major proposals, monitor large contracts, lead or assist in key negotiations, resolve performance issues, identify risks and mitigations, and ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and policies.
- Work on all legal aspects of Anduril’s business, from negotiating license and services agreements, to bid protests and litigation, to handling intellectual property, compliance, and employment matters. You will represent the legal team in relationships with outside counsel, vendors, engineers, executives, customers, and regulators.
- 3+ years of work on US government contracts matters, preferably with a law firm or the government (more senior lawyers are also encouraged to apply, the position may be adjusted based on experience)
- An understanding of the government procurement process; particularly contract vehicles and types as well as data rights issues
- The judgment and initiative required to own multiple projects from end-to-end, whether guiding the Business Development team through the lifecycle of a deal or handling unexpected legal issues that may arise in defense or start-up companies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Quick learner and able to contribute to the broader start-up legal function, including topics that may be completely new to you: everything from IP and litigation to financing, securities, compliance, and employment law, depending on the needs of the day
- Licensed to practice law in CA or DC
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance.
- Pre-law school professional experience
- Combination of law-firm and in-house/government experience
- Experience working with the government while in private practice
- Experience with engineering, software, or other technology
- An interest in the law and policy of defense acquisitions with opinions about what is right or wrong in the field and how to fix it
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that
matter, we’d love to hear from you!