Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Electrical Engineering
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and
funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their
toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions
in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in
artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data
analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve
the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate
about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the
future of defense.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Demonstrated ability to lead an avionics program from concept through production with the development of core avionics systems for an air vehicle and supporting systems.
- Create, maintain and communicate product development schedules with sufficient detail to ensure that all assigned personnel are aware of their tasks and deadlines.
- Experience with flight architecture and design for high reliability, resiliency, redundancy and/or fault tolerance, along with the ability to work collaboratively with other teams to define product requirements, develop specifications for all critical avionics modules, write and execute design verification test plans.
- Verify avionics system test coverage on flight or flight-representative hardware at the system-level and validate product performance.
- Understanding of hardware evaluation methodologies, including development of test cases/suites, performance monitoring, test automation, and data analysis.
- Full cycle PCB and LRU design including collecting requirements, schematic design, component selection, supervision or completion of layout, bring-up, test, debug and integration with the system.
- Developing system interconnect diagrams and defining cables and wire harnesses that connect electronic equipment within the vehicle.
- Successful fabrication assembly and BOM management of hardware with PCB, cable, connector, and component vendors.
- Familiarity with aircraft avionics module vendors and component suppliers from past experience in UAV programs.
- Experience in the electrical integration of avionics modules and payloads into UAV systems.
- Support software and firmware team’s development effort with an understanding of flight controls, sensing, payload integration, power management, and networking.
- Represent the avionics system in vehicle-level cross-disciplinary trade-off studies that define and optimize the flight architecture and implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience designing, testing and troubleshooting complex board designs and avionics modules in a UAV context.
- Understanding of relevant avionics design standards for UAVs.
- Competence with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, thermal chambers, current-probes, and automation of tests.
- Experience in design for signal integrity / power integrity.
- Familiarity with standard interfaces such as Ethernet, CAN, I2C, SPI, PCIe, USB, etc.
- Familiarity with common MCU, CPU, FPGA devices and technologies.
- Knowledge of modern analog and digital electronics and electronic circuits.
- Proficient with Altium Designer or equivalent electronic design automation design tool
- Knowledgeable in Python and C/C++
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Understanding and familiarity with DO-254, DO-178C, DO-160, DO-311A
- Understanding and familiarity with MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-461
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that
matter, we’d love to hear from you!