Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Electrical Engineering
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and
funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their
toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions
in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in
artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data
analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve
the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate
about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the
future of defense.
We are looking for an Avionics Hardware engineer to join our team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Full cycle PCB design including collecting requirements, schematic design, component selection, supervision or completion of layout, bring-up, test, debug and integration with the system.
- Development of air vehicle avionics systems (flight controls, sensors, payload interfaces, power management, and networking)
- Develop system interconnect diagrams and define wire harnesses that connect electronic equipment within the vehicle.
- Provide support and collaborate within other air vehicle subsystem development constraints
- Vendor surveys and evaluation to support sourcing for avionics system components.
- Conduct peer-level and cross-discipline design reviews
- Build up and test of avionics system components through lab, ground, and flight tests
- Low level firmware development for bring-up and test
- Root cause analysis in support of field operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, with 5+ years of experience designing, testing, and troubleshooting complex board designs and avionics modules in a UAS environment
- Understanding of DO-254, DO-178C, DO-160 and relevant avionics design standards for UAS
- Competence with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, thermal chambers, current-probes, and automation of tests.
- Familiarity with standard interfaces such as Ethernet, CAN, I2C, SPI, PCIe, USB, etc.
- Familiarity with common MCU, CPU, FPGA devices and technologies.
- Knowledge of modern analog and digital electronics and electronic circuits.
- Comfortable with a variety of electronic CAD tools (Altium preferred, Eagle and others acceptable)
- Experience in design for signal integrity / power integrity
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
- Familiarity with aircraft avionics module vendors and avionics component suppliers from past experience in UAS programs.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that
matter, we’d love to hear from you!