Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Mechanical Engineering
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and
funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their
toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions
in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in
artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data
analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve
the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate
about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the
future of defense.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Reading and interpreting technical blueprints and design models.
- Programming/set-up/operation of CNC multi-axis milling and multi-axis turning machines.
- Design/spec out and implement various work holding and fixture methods.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and make adjustments during the manufacturing process.
- Perform quality control both during and at completion of the manufacturing process.
- Help clean and maintain CNC equipment.
- 2+ years' experience as a programmer using cam software such as Esprit.
- 5+ years' experience as a machine setup/operator.
- Experience with CAD software like Solidworks and Siemens NX (Teamcenter).
- Clear understanding of G and M code.
- High level of familiarity with multi-axis, simultaneous and 3D machining.
- Experience with 3/4/5-axis milling, live tooling lathes, mill/turn, multitask machines.
- DMG Mori CELOS Controls experience (MAPPS/Fanuc & Siemens Control)
- High level of familiarity with various alloys, metals, plastics, etc.
- High level of tooling and fixture experience.
- Ability to take ownership of entire manufacturing process from start to finish.
- High level of GD&T knowledge.
- Ability to adapt in a R&D work environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Water Jet experience
- 3D printing experience (FDM/SLA)
- CMM experience (PC-DIMIS)
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that
matter, we’d love to hear from you!