Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Supply Chain
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and
funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their
toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions
in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in
artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, hardware
design & build, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware
solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our
allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact,
come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
Anduril’s Supply Chain team is seeking a Demand Planner to join our team! The
Supply Chain team is responsible for planning and sourcing of materials to
support the building of rapidly iterating cutting-edge defense hardware,
including static equipment, moving ground equipment, and flight vehicles.
The right person for this role is able to leverage their strong interpersonal
and leadership skills to bridge discussion between Business Development,
Supply Chain, Engineering, and Finance and produce an accurate and achievable
operational plan. This person should also demonstrate past holistic ownership
on solving operational challenges with a creative solution, in a fast-paced,
resource-limited environment. If you are someone who thrives in such an
environment, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be responsible for creating an accurate and achievable demand plan by product in conjunction with Business Development, Supply Chain, Finance, and Engineering to deliver hardware for both internal and external customers. This includes hardware demand from the sales pipeline, demonstrations for new business, maintenance, sparing, and development use.
- Collaborate with Finance, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and Engineering to ensure the appropriate data is available and accurate for review at S&OP process meetings.
- Deliver a consensus-driven demand plan that optimizes the balance between market opportunity, inventory risk, and supply capability, both internal and external.
- Work with Business Development, Program Leads, Supply Planning, and Manufacturing when there are supply constraints to establish priorities and optimize deliveries according to business needs.
- Understand the hardware systems to a level that enables quick decision-making as well as effective questioning and discussion of potential sales opportunities.
- Mold and iterate the requirements in our CRM (Salesforce) to ensure that the inputs from the Business Development team can translate to a demand plan in our ERP system (Netsuite).
- Develop processes to continually improve forecast accuracy over time and develop metrics to track that progress by product or program
- Partner with Finance to develop models that provide further-looking forecasts by product that align with financial targets to ultimately enable more effective supply planning and sourcing practices.
- 5+ years past experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment in either a supply chain or production-type role where complex mechanical and/or electrical assemblies were built
- Prior knowledge of Salesforce or a similar Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Prior knowledge of Netsuite or a similar Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Ability to demonstrate a willingness to take on substantial responsibility across supply chain and sales operations with a bias towards speed and accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in any technical field including mechanical/aerospace/manufacturing, electrical, computer engineering, or supply chain management, business, marketing
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. security clearance.
- Experience with SQL databases - storage of information and writing custom queries to pull and analyze data sets to direct focus and action
- Strong technical ability to read technical documentation such as drawings and CAD data, understanding of a variety of hardware manufacturing processes for both electronics (PCBAs, sensor hardware, etc.) and structures/mechanisms
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that
matter, we’d love to hear from you!