Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Security and Compliance
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and
funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their
toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions
in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in
artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data
analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve
the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate
about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the
future of defense.
Anduril’s Physical Security team is looking for a leader to build a high
impact global security operations team to protect Anduril employees, our
products, and our facilities. As part of the Core Operations team, you will
lead the Physical Security team and drive the strategy and tactical execution
across our portfolio of offices in security matters. You will learn how to
adapt traditional security protocols to our culture and unique needs.
What you’ll do
- Own the physical security program for the company. You’ll set the strategic vision for what a great physical security program will be for Anduril. On time and within budget.
- Use your advanced knowledge in security to manage and assess our global physical security requirements at Anduril and the implementation of solutions to avoid and respond in protecting Anduril’s people, products, and spaces from ever present threats.
- Stand up our Global Security Operations Center from the ground up. As our real estate footprint has grown, we need to respond to the evolving threats.
- Manage the global strategy for access control and the contracted guard force including technology, coverage requirements, training, and post orders.
- Manage any other vendors to assist in Anduril’s global physical security needs.
- Source, deploy, and implement technology to support our teams.
- Provide strategic direction on evolving physical security and safety issues.
- Partner closely with Infosec, Security Services, and other internal teams.
- Communicate and inform relevant partners, including Anduril Executives
- Working with the rest of the Real Estate and Facilities management team, establish SOPs for the operations center to handle off-hours emergency calls for each facilities
- Collaborate with EH&S manager on emergency preparedness and response
- Strengthen external partnerships with local and state law enforcement, federal agencies, third-party vendors, and community organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Security, or related field with at least 10 years of experience with increasing scope, responsibility, and complexity at a multinational company. Startup experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in building, managing, mentoring, and inspiring physical security operations teams, with a proven track record of leveraging data to drive significant business impact
- Ability to identify, analyze, and explain the present or future needs for proposed security initiatives to senior management
- Comfortable leading large cross-functional initiatives, and collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills coupled with strong business acumen. You would have written and published policies and influenced at all levels.
- Experience in conducting risk and vulnerability assessments and operational security design/planning.
- Demonstrated conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Domestic and international travel is required (~50%)
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that
matter, we’d love to hear from you!