Location: Costa Mesa, CA or Quincy, MA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Office Operations
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and
funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their
toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions
in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in
artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data
analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve
the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate
about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the
future of defense.
Anduril is looking for an Environmental Health & Safety Manager to join our
rapidly growing team. As Environmental Health & Safety Manager, you’ll be
responsible for Anduril’s safety and environmental policies, processes, and
procedures. You’ll understand all federal, state, and local guidelines and
industry best practices, and work to improve Anduril’s processes.
You’ll roll up your sleeves from day one and jump right in, both crafting
plans and strategies, while also owning the tactical responsibilities of the
job yourself. You’ll partner with a variety of individuals, including
individuals on our Technical Operations, Testing, Manufacturing, and
Facilities teams, working to craft cross-functional improvements to our
operations. You will serve as a resource to our engineering teams as needed.
What you’ll do
- Lead day-to-day EHS operations and process management
- Develop and maintain strong communication from the field back to production and manufacturing
- Support our field test sites, including:
- -Site compliance with federal, state, local, and landowner regulations
-Emergency preparedness and safety plans
- Conduct safety audits at sites and build improvements
- Manage hazardous material and waste programs/permitting
- Build a submarine safety program
- Investigate root causes where safety is an issue
- Design and create policies for employees to follow that minimize job-related hazards in our testing and deployment environments
- Manage and communicate best practices and how we will respond as an organization
- Provide technical support for EHS programs such as LOTO, Hazard Communication, Emergency Response, Fall Protection, Respiratory Protection, Hearing Conservation, etc.
- Develop and conduct education and training on EHS principles
- Ensuring we are safely deploying products throughout the lifecycle management process.
- Be a resource to our Engineering teams on all environmental and safety considerations
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years related experience in maritime operations is required
- U.S. Coast Guard license (unlimited tonnage) or equivalent military experience preferred
- Experience with Federal and State OSHSA regulations, maritime safety and the ability to monitor and interpret new regulations
- Candidates should have OSHA 5410 (OSHA standard for maritime industry) and have or obtain OSHA 5400 (Trainer course in OSHA standards for maritime) within one year of employment.
- Ability to understand the materials we use and implement handling policies based on regulations and best practices
- Significant experience with Marine Classification societies and maritime regulatory bodies (IMO/ILO/Flag State/Port State, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of marine technical and regulatory compliance
- Strong independent worker who can drive outcomes with minimal oversight
- Must possess excellent problem solving, organizational and verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and an attitude of 100% compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work across teams in a collaborative manner
- Advanced use of MS Word, Excel, Slack, Outlook; other productivity tools.
- Moves fast to solve problems
- 50% travel will be required (domestic and international)
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that
matter, we’d love to hear from you!