Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and
funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their
toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions
in the life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in
artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data
analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve
the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate
about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the
future of defense!
We are looking for an Explosives Operations Manager to join our team in Costa
Mesa, CA. In this role, you will be partnering with program managers and
engineers to successfully deploy products with explosives while also creating
a strong ecosystem of external suppliers, contractors, and in-house
capabilities and expertise that Anduril needs to build over time. This will
require a breadth of understanding across military CONOPS, small and large
scale explosives operations, the ability to work across teams seamlessly, and
a deep appreciation of the risks, safety requirements, and responsibility of
managing such an operation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for planning, organizing, developing, and leading explosives operations; support current and future products with explosives with the right balance of in-house vs out-of-house capabilities and resources
- Capable of determining make vs buy decisions, standing up an internal manufacturing capability, and managing external vendors for outsourced manufacturing and procurement
- Serve as the technical subject matter expert, authority, and consultant to all levels of the organization on matters pertaining to explosives
- Partner with legal, operations, finance, program leads, business development, and engineering to support products with explosives; manage delivery milestones, quality and performance, supplier management, licensing & compliance, risk & safety, etc.
- Establish and manage an ecosystem of contracted 3rd parties to support each phase of Anduril’s explosives operation (design, test, store/handle, manufacture, transport, sell) over time
- Build a training and safety program; legal compliance, safety procedures, proficiency-based training and recertification is paramount to the survival of both employees and Anduril as a whole
- Sporadic travel to austere environments for extended periods; explosives work is typically conducted in sparsely populated areas
- Frequent prioritization of work and coordinating on operations priorities with engineering teams; oftentimes ranges, equipment, and personnel will have crossover between RDT&E and Manufacturing operations
- 10+ years experience in explosives program and supplier/contractor management accompanied by deep understanding of explosives engineering, manufacturing, and testing
- Advanced understanding of and experience with explosives and energetic materials EH&S, licensing, and compliance; experience with ATF and OSHA
- Experience with developing standard operating procedures (SOPs), design of experiments, and statistical process controls
- Deep knowledge of direct 3rd party ecosystem: components manufacturers/suppliers, test ranges, logistics providers, etc.
- Understanding of the customer environment, needs, priorities, and CONOPs
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Demonstrated success bringing new explosive capabilities to a company or product
- Military EOD background or equivalent (i.e. Warrant Officer)
- Experience with explosive ordnance testing and terminal effects (includes understanding of test setup, DAQ systems, data analysis, etc)
- Familiarity or experience with DOD qualification testing
As an employee at a growing startup you will be given broad leeway to solve
problems with the resources needed to win!
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that
matter, we’d love to hear from you!