Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Australia - Internal Operations
Anduril is a defence technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and
funding to the defence sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their
toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions
in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in
artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data
analysis to create software and hardware solutions that radically evolve the
capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about
solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future
The Facility Security Officer (FSO) is responsible for implementing and
directing the industrial security program and ensuring company and customer
security requirements are met. In this role, you will be an integral part of
establishing the security infrastructure for Anduril’s quickly growing team
and facilities in Sydney. Candidates will interface with all levels of Anduril
personnel and government management personnel to ensure contract security
compliance. The position requires a self-motivated candidate that can work in
an independent or team environment with minimal direction. The candidate will
be required to develop processes and procedures, conduct security self-
inspections, apply risk mitigation methodologies, support customer
assessments, and implement security measures to meet requirements.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide guidance to employees and recommend modifications to operations policies or procedures
- Maintaining Security across the Classified Facilities in the Australian Facility and ensure all approved local security policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Working in consultation with local site management and in direct liaison with the Security Functional Manager provide SO representation at the Australia Office.
- Assisting corporate security representative with the development and update of Crisis Management planning and execution for the Australia Office.
- Maintaining, implementing, coordinating and overseeing all security measures for the protection of defence information and equipment under the control of the Australia site.
- Providing operational security advice to local site management and Employees.
- Assistance will be provided by the Anduril Security Lead as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for complex or unusual matters.
- Conduct the ongoing site security education program in line with approved SOP’s.
- Maintain the site Security Register (the site FSR) which includes records of site security officers, security appointments, security instructions, inspections and random spot checks, records of security containers, keys and access, the site key register/s, a record of site security cleared personnel, records of overseas travel, education and briefings, the master record for site classified document registers and site security incidents.
- Conduct site monthly 100% key musters reported in the site FSR.
- Conduct site 10% Classified holdings muster monthly reported in the site FSR.
- Conduct site new starter security presentations.
- Issue and control of site access ID’s and Passes.
- Conduct security briefings and overseas briefs and debriefs for site staff.
- Manage the receipt and dispatch of safe-hand material to and from site.
- Registering into the site CDR all defence material classified CONFIDENTIAL or higher held or received on site.
- Managing and controlling classified holdings in site security containers both the A and B class containers.
- Assisting in managing and reporting of site security incidents in line with Anduril Industries and defence reporting requirements.
- Arranging for the disposal of site classified material by secure means.
- Ensuring they remain current with Security Classifications and Categorization Guides that are applicable with Programs using the classified facilities in Australia.
- Administer day-to-day security programs: personnel processing, program reviews, document control system, audits & self-inspections, violation investigations & reports, receipt/dispatch/destruction/mail logs, visit certs, etc.
- Partner with Anduril Information Security personnel to maintain Anduril’s Defence Industry Security Program (DISP) accreditation.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (preferred in the Security domain) and/or equivalent combined industry and defence experience associated with an engineering, technical or maintenance environment.
- Completion and acceptance by the Defence Security Agency (DSA) for Security Officer training.
- Significant experience working to Defence Industry Security Program (DISP) requirements, working to Security principles, publications concepts, practices and standards as applied to both defence and Industry Companies and Suppliers.
- Experience with application of building requirements to SCEC endorsed standards.
- Experience with the application of COMSEC requirements, COMSEC Accounting Recording and custodial procedures.
- Significant experience in the application of defence security clearance process and procedures.
- Significant experience with Type 1 and commercial or equivalent alarm systems and monitored access controls and systems.
- Significant experience in conducting and reporting on internal audits or security incident investigation.
- Significant experience and ability to interpret and apply Risk Management principles and practices.
- Proven experience in developing Policies, Processes, Procedures and Work Instructions using process mapping, workflow diagrams and data change methodologies.
- Experience in delivering Security related training including On the Job training (OJT) and providing guidance and mentoring on Security requirements and methodologies to staff at all levels.
- Substantial experience in interpreting and meeting customer needs, satisfaction and contractual obligations.
- Computer literacy with an ability to prepare, analyze, and interpret complex reports
- Experience utilizing management systems and databases to conduct trend analysis, metrics analysis and issue assessments.
- Intermediate skills and experience in the use of MS Office and other relevant software packages and applications.
- Be eligible to hold and maintain an Australia Government NV2 security clearance.
- Employment may be contingent on the satisfactory result of criminal and/or other background screens, which require the collection and transfer of personal information.
- Currency knowledge of the use and purpose of Security Classifications and Categorization Guides.
- Demonstrated experience / exposure to a similar role as a SO.
- COMSEC – Experience or training in the following:
- CARDS (defence) & Taclane (General Dynamics via IASPO) training
- Custodian Course
- Taclane training
- Cryptographic brief (ASD approved)
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that
matter, we’d love to hear from you!