Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Hardware Product Management
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and
funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their
toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions
in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in
artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data
analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve
the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate
about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the
future of defense.
Anduril is seeking driven individuals to join our growing Hardware Product
In the hardware product management role you will be heavily involved in
solving real-world challenges. You will be positioned at the intersection of a
variety of critical teams that you will work with to help progress your
products from initial concept through sustained production. Your day-to-day
focus will change often as you navigate a complex product development roadmap,
but it should include opportunities such as developing a cross-functional
strategy, gathering and reviewing critical market data, tracking key product
growth and cost metrics, meeting with external parties to present product
vision, finding and reducing technical gaps in capabilities, and much more.
Anduril is a rapidly growing company, and the right person for this role
should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with many competing
Candidates for this role should have experience in hardware or integrated
product development and have ideally worked within all stages of a standard
product life cycle. They should be technically inclined and able to
comfortably understand core engineering design principals. The right
individual needs to be excited about the prospects of working on a growing
team and will be expected to provide feedback on process improvement
opportunities for their specific products, as well as for the hardware product
management organization as a whole.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Represent and help build your product’s culture. As the liaison to the engineering development organization you are well positioned to consistently interact with all teams at Anduril and often will be tasked to represent the product in a cross-functional capacity. You should be knowledgeable of not only the current state of the product, but also the various technical and operational factors which define the product architecture and overall vision.
- Establishing key milestones and targets from across the organization to help define the product roadmap. This will require an in-depth understanding of what teams are affected by the various stages of your product’s engineering development. You are to ensure that teams are being engaged at the right time and at the right product maturity stage to be successful. The roadmap you help develop would be the guide for your product that the organizations would reference and plan around.
- Evaluate and prioritize the various tasks required to successfully support the product development efforts. The hardware product manager should be prepared to help drive to the best decision for the product and company. This generally should be a data driven approach, and should include inputs from all the various stakeholders to ensure the decision is well informed and can be successfully executed.
- Execute a variety of tasks to ensure the product stays on track. These tasks can take many forms as the hardware product manager should be prepared to fill any gap to de-risk the roadmap.
- Communicate strategy and vision to the stakeholders to help manage expectations. Ensure all risks are noted and addressed with adequate time and resources to help keep things on track.
- Expected to work closely with teams including, but not limited to: design engineering, finance, logistics, EHS, manufacturing, engineering testing, legal, technical operations, business strategy/programs, etc.
- 2 - 5 years in hardware or integrated product development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Aptitude for working with internal and external stakeholders, across a wide range of technical areas.
- Comfort working with data and complex analyses.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. top secret security clearance
- Defense, national security, or aerospace domain familiarity through industry or education.
- Experience with or interest in working with visual design tools to communicate ideas.
- Active TS/SCI clearance helpful but not required.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that
matter, we’d love to hear from you!