Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Manufacturing Engineering
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and
funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their
toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions
in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in
artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data
analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve
the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate
about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the
future of defense.
Anduril’s Manufacturing team is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our
team. The Manufacturing Team is responsible for rapidly iterating and building
cutting-edge defense hardware, including static equipment, moving ground
equipment, and flight vehicles. This responsibility includes everything in the
manufacturing value-chain, including, but not limited to, Design for
Manufacturability work, tool design & selection, process creation &
optimization, vendor sourcing & interaction, quality planning, and work
documentation associated with the hardware that the Manufacturing Engineer
The right person for this role can demonstrate past holistic ownership on
solving a technical challenge with a creative, physical, solution that they
either personally manufacturing or oversaw manufacturing on, in a fast-paced,
resource-limited environment. If you are someone who thrives in such an
environment, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own a portion or all of the manufacturing value chain for a certain product or set of products
- Develop novel tooling solutions for fabrication and assembly of structural parts
- Develop process flows, breaking down large, complex assemblies into a logical part flow of subassemblies and sub-processes
- Write documentation required for successfully manufacturing their hardware at scale, such as work instructions, quality plans, inspection requirements, etc.
- Work with contract manufacturers across various disciplines (PCBA fab, metallic manufacturing, assembly, etc.) to develop repeatable, sustained processes for quick-turn development as well as at-scale production
- Work with technicians and other engineers hands-on, building prototype hardware
- Contribute to end-customer hardware mechanical or electrical design, including interconnects, board fabrication and inspection, etc.
- Travel to suppliers to do initial sourcing work, solve ongoing production issues, and implement quality procedures
- Degree in a technical field such as engineering, math, or a hard science
- 2+ years of experience in a relevant field, preferably manufacturing or design of electromechanical hardware
- Demonstrated ability to creatively deliver electromechanical hardware in a resource-constrained environment
- Demonstrated in-kind or direct team leadership skills, with backing examples
- Personal experience physically manufacturing hardware via any means (machining, fabrication, soldering, assembly, etc.) Work on personal or extracurricular projects is a plus.
- A genuine interest in manufacturing and thirst for learning
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- PCBA fabrication experience including prior work with or setup/modification/monitoring SMT processes
- Hands-on experience with R/C and/or autonomous flight vehicles, flight controllers, or other related control systems
- Software scripting experience in any language
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that
matter, we’d love to hear from you!